(NAPS)—Dog ownership is on the rise in the U.S. Whether you rescue or use a breeder, one thing all new dog owners have in common is needing to start off on the right paw when it comes to house-training their new pet. House-training isn’t as daunting as it sounds if you set some boundaries and get on a schedule to start.
Here are a few pointers to help get you started and get your dog quickly house-trained:
• Timing is everything—Puppies do best on a regular schedule. Lead your puppies to the pad frequently, as they will need to relieve themselves at least six times a day. Follow the same path to the pad every time. The process will require your full attention for a few weeks, but the effort you put into it now will last for the rest of your pet’s life.
• Dine and dash—If you establish set mealtimes, your pets will need to relieve themselves on schedule as well. Keep tabs on when your dog relieves himself during training. Use that timing to get your dog accustomed to going outside or using the training pads.
• Relaxation room—Dogs like their own den, and a proper-sized crate for your dog is all the space it needs for downtime. Have your dog or puppy sleep in the crate at night and when you are not home during training.
• Separate spaces—Set up the training pad in a special area away from the crate and food. Consider using special trays designed to hold training pads to keep the pad in place and deter dogs from playing with the training pads.
• Treat time—Use the same treat every time your pet does the right thing during house-training for positive reinforcement. Rubbing its nose in its feces may make matters worse and could cause your dog to hide when it’s time to go.
• Go green—Consider environmentally friendly training pads such as Eco-Care Training Pads made by Simple Solution. These pads are made from 85 percent recycled material, saving landfills from over 400 tons of waste every year. While reducing landfill waste, they also maximize absorption, holding two times more liquid than leading pad brands and using polymer technology to convert liquid to gel, locking in moisture and preventing leaks.
The pads are designed with odor neutralizers to eliminate tough urine odors and can be used with litter box mats, as a dog crate liner, as car seat covers and to clean up messy spills.
For more information, visit www.simplesolution.com.
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- Hit the Greens at the 40th Annual Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2013
- Old Town Newhall Farmers Market Serves Up Fresh Produce, Spices and Entertainment
- The Senior Center Summer Showdown Is Back!
- A Memorial Day Tribute to Veterans
- Pamela Ripling Wins Zonta’s Carmen Sarro Service Award
- Amgen Tour of California Races into Santa Clarita
- Rock On at the Boys & Girls Club Auction!
- COC Partners with Newhall County Water District for New Internship Opportunity
- A Day of Art and Wine