At a recent general meeting at The Tea Gardens, AAUW installed new officers. The slate of officers for 2011-2012 includes President - Kelly Burke, President-Elect and 1st VP Programs - Diane Bartley, 2nd VP Membership - Barbara Oliver, 3rd VP AAUW Funds – Bernie Gilbert, Recording Secretary - Dot Toral, Treasurer - Jenewyn Van Wie and Public Policy - Linda Hart. These dedicated women will lead AAUW into their 43rd year serving the Santa Clarita Valley with programs that include: Tech Trek – a week-long residential math/science camp for seventh grade girls held at a university, STEM Stars - a program which will provide follow-up career and educational opportunities to our former Tech Trek campers, and Women in History.
An innovative speaker series, Roads Traveled, begins in October highlighting SCV women speakers including Carol Rock – KHTS News Director (October 25), the Reverend Canon Lynn Jay – former Rector of St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church (November 19), Carrie Forsyth – Head Coach for UCLA Women’s Golf (January 24, 2012) and Mary Valentine, MA – Professor of Sociology at COC (February 25, 2012).
A Membership Brunch for all those interested in joining will be held on Saturday, September 10 at the home of Louise Schultz.
For more information please contact: Kelly Burke 661-295-5594 or visit our website: www.aauw-scv.org.
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Saugus Graduates – “We’re Going Places!”
- ROCK ON with the Boys & Girls Club!
- Tee Off at the SCV Senior Center’s Summer Showdown!
- A Note from The Publishers -June 2013
- An Evening of Fun with the Gentlemen! Soroptimist International of SCV’s 2nd Annual Gentlemen for a Cause
- You Are Making a Difference!
- Around Town
- Hike Santa Clarita Now Offers Blog and “Ask Dr. Norm” Feature
- Logix Federal Credit Union Named as Title Sponsor for Circle of Hope’s 2013 Vine 2 Wine Classic
- COC Summer Session to Provide Class Seats for 18,000 Students