Salicylic Acid is a mild acne treatment available from me in a concentration of two percent. It’s a safe, effective treatment for mild acne, oily skin, and post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation (darker pigmented spots on the face). It’s great for teen and adult acne.
Pimples start in the sebaceous gland, a gland in the hair follicle of the face, back, or chest. Sebaceous glands produce sebum. When sebum builds up, and there is an excessive amount of Keratin (protein found in the skin) and skin cells, the glands become clogged. It is this clogging of the gland underneath the skin, that can cause a pimple to form. Because Salicylic acid is a keratolytic agent, it dissolves keratin while penetrating the follicle, and dislodging the comedomal plug from the lining of the follicle. It breaks up the layer of skin that clogs the sebaceous gland. This allows the pimple to heal and the hair follicle to return to normal.
Many people make their acne worse by picking at it. This causes more bacteria, that can cause an infection, and can lead to scarring. Salicylic acid, applied to pimples can fight bacteria and other infecting agents, and keep scars from forming. Even after acne lesions have healed, it’s a good idea to continue using Salicylic acid on a regular basis to keep the pores from clogging, and to prevent new lesions.
Come in today, and let’s get you started on an acne facial program to help you get your acne under control. My program will also include a home care kit, containing some incredible Salicylic acid products that can continue to improve your skin in years to come.
For more information Sandra Aubé, M.A., L.E. can be reached at 661-313-7771 and you can visit www.PermanentMakeupBySandra.com.
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Saugus Graduates – “We’re Going Places!”
- ROCK ON with the Boys & Girls Club!
- Tee Off at the SCV Senior Center’s Summer Showdown!
- A Note from The Publishers -June 2013
- An Evening of Fun with the Gentlemen! Soroptimist International of SCV’s 2nd Annual Gentlemen for a Cause
- You Are Making a Difference!
- Around Town
- Hike Santa Clarita Now Offers Blog and “Ask Dr. Norm” Feature
- Logix Federal Credit Union Named as Title Sponsor for Circle of Hope’s 2013 Vine 2 Wine Classic
- COC Summer Session to Provide Class Seats for 18,000 Students