Green grass and trees, flowers in bloom, sunny skies and no florescent lights – what’s this you ask? It’s the description of your fresh-air gym that waits just outside your front door! So, if you’ve been stuck inside with a case of “treadmill hypnosis,” it’s time to step off that treadmill and step outdoors for one of the most effective ways to beat stress, build muscle and gain strength all at the same time!
When it comes to feeling great while getting in shape, nothing is better than the “au natural.” In fact, studies have proven that those who exercise outdoors are more likely to have positive long-term results. First of all, you get a healthy dose of Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) from the sun, which the body needs in order to absorb Calcium. Secondly, being outside instantly connects you with nature and allows you to “take a time out” from stressful daily concerns.
While exercising inside a gym can provide you with plenty of machine-based options, outdoor fitness offers limitless possibilities. Whether it’s hiking, walking, running, cycling, soccer, softball, tennis, in-line skating or an outdoor fitness class – there’s an activity to suit just about anyone—even the committed couch potato.
The one sport or exercise program that burns the most calories and gets the best results is… the one you enjoy doing most! Results come from consistency and commitment. Pick something you love to do – this way - you’re more likely to stick with it and not just for two weeks.
Lastly, if your goals are weight loss, you must use all four components of an exercise program: Healthier food choices, cardio vascular exercises, resistance training and mental focus.
Cheryl Broughton is an author, Fitness Television Host, Founder of Fitness Edge Boot Camp, and co-founder of VivaVitamins.com. For more information, please call 1-888-671-6500 or www.FitnessEdgeBootCamp.com.
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- Hit the Greens at the 40th Annual Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2013
- Old Town Newhall Farmers Market Serves Up Fresh Produce, Spices and Entertainment
- The Senior Center Summer Showdown Is Back!
- A Memorial Day Tribute to Veterans
- Pamela Ripling Wins Zonta’s Carmen Sarro Service Award
- Amgen Tour of California Races into Santa Clarita
- Rock On at the Boys & Girls Club Auction!
- COC Partners with Newhall County Water District for New Internship Opportunity
- A Day of Art and Wine