Why are men sometimes less than enthusiastic when it comes to church? Why do they often drag their feet when it comes to getting their families out the door on Sunday mornings?
It’s not because they don’t love their families and strongly desire that they thrive spiritually. It’s not because they don’t know their kids and their wives could use a few really good friends and flourish in an encouraging, supportive environment. Men get it.
What they often don’t get is why church makes them feel like they can’t be their real selves. They wonder, “Why do I feel like I checked my masculinity at the door?”
At NorthPark, we get men. And, what’s more—God gets men! Men love NorthPark because there they find a place where they’re encouraged to be themselves – their competitive, sports-loving, driven, strong, unique selves. We understand Christianity to be a robust faith with a history of colorful, courageous warriors who scraped and fought to spread the truth. It’s because of their courage and tenacity that we are able to choose on any Sunday morning to attend one of the many good churches we have here in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Senior Pastor Dr. Dave White loves to encourage men to be men. He often reminds the women of NorthPark to honor men for their uniqueness, not try to make them more feminine. As an athlete and professional referee in his spare time, Dr. White loves sports and often uses athletic illustrations to bring scripture to life.
We invite you to visit NorthPark. Men will find a place that’s challenging and affirming and have the peace of mind that they’ve found an environment in which their families will grow and thrive. On Sunday, June 17 we hold Special Father’s Day Services at 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m.
To find out more, visit NorthPark’s website at www.northpark.com.
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Nominate Your SCV Business Leaders
- Ante Up for the MHF Foundation
- Celebrating the Heroes Among Us At the 41st Annual Boys & Girls Club Benefit Auction
- A Note from The Publishers - June 2012
- Dancing With Our Stars Is Back!
- Vote for the Ultimate in Home & Garden
- Senior Center Foundation's Summer Golf Showdown Set
- Guests will be “Rockin’ the Rooftop” at This Year’s Summer Evening with the REP
- SCV Women & Men of Honor Gala Dinner
- Thoroughly Modern Millie is Thoroughly Fun!