I look forward to answering the phone every day, trying to help people with their garage door needs. Because there are a limited number of motor brands and models, we can usually give a price for repair over the telephone. We ask direct questions so that we can determine what the problem is. We want to give you an idea before we come out what the cost will be. We don’t want to surprise you when we come out. If we both invest in the first conversation that we have, the rest of our experience together will be much better.
Here is what you need to know before you pick up the phone:
1. Be able to describe the symptoms. For example, when I use my remote the door won’t go down. Or, my door made a loud “clunk” and now it won’t open. Or, my door is crooked in the opening.
2. Know what type of door you have. Is it a one piece or a sectional? A sectional door has a track on the left and right side that goes up and back about eight feet. A one-piece wood door had black hardware at chest height on the left and right side.
3. Look at the brand of opener you have. Is it a Genie? Liftmaster? Chain, screw or belt drive? Each of these types of drive has different problems associated with them. This is valuable information for us to have.
4. Look at the springs before you call. Is the continuous coil broken? Check your springs: You can ruin your motor and damage the door if you are operating the door with a broken spring. Every single garage door has springs, so go take a look today and see how yours are.
When you call any company, if they aren’t asking you questions, they’re planning to max the charges when they get there. If you have an idea about what the symptoms are, they should be able to give you information about what they will charge.
Dyer’s Garage Doors serving you with honesty and integrity since 1969. Call us today at 661-263-7462 and visit us online at www.dyersgaragedoors.com.
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- Hit the Greens at the 40th Annual Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2013
- Old Town Newhall Farmers Market Serves Up Fresh Produce, Spices and Entertainment
- The Senior Center Summer Showdown Is Back!
- A Memorial Day Tribute to Veterans
- Pamela Ripling Wins Zonta’s Carmen Sarro Service Award
- Amgen Tour of California Races into Santa Clarita
- Rock On at the Boys & Girls Club Auction!
- COC Partners with Newhall County Water District for New Internship Opportunity
- A Day of Art and Wine