The grand-prize winner of a Stay Green landscape makeover in Castaic Lake Water Agency’s recent My H2O Solutions community conservation competition has been announced. Saugus resident Steve Petzold submitted his solution to save water on his landscaping by using a combination of decorative rocks, colorful succulent plants and a water-efficient sprinkler system, among other community-friendly items to encourage sustainability in the Santa Clarita Valley.
The competition recently ended after dozens of submissions from residents were received. Each outlined unique suggestions of how water can be used more efficiently. Other category winners included Mae Rusk; Senior category, Becky Van Sickle; Single Adult category: Jeff Courtney and Family; Family category.
“It is great that residents can help us highlight some of the most practical and efficient ways that they can make their homes more water efficient. Steve’s ideas are excellent solutions for many homeowners in the Santa Clarita Valley and we’re excited about how Stay Green will help to implement those ideas on his upcoming landscape project,” said CLWA’s Stephanie Anagnoson.
Castaic Lake Water Agency and Stay Green, Inc will formally present Petzold with the grand prize of a landscape makeover at the Castaic Lake Water Agency board meeting on June 13.
For more information, please visit www.myh2osolutions.org.
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Saugus Graduates – “We’re Going Places!”
- ROCK ON with the Boys & Girls Club!
- Tee Off at the SCV Senior Center’s Summer Showdown!
- A Note from The Publishers -June 2013
- An Evening of Fun with the Gentlemen! Soroptimist International of SCV’s 2nd Annual Gentlemen for a Cause
- You Are Making a Difference!
- Around Town
- Hike Santa Clarita Now Offers Blog and “Ask Dr. Norm” Feature
- Logix Federal Credit Union Named as Title Sponsor for Circle of Hope’s 2013 Vine 2 Wine Classic
- COC Summer Session to Provide Class Seats for 18,000 Students