Welcome to summer! I love the hot weather and really enjoy getting outside to swim and hike. I take full advantage of the City’s 60 miles of off-street trails and paseos, as well as local hiking areas, easily available at: www.hikesantaclarita.com. I am still working on swimming 100 miles, so at lunchtime, you may catch me over at the Aquatic Center doing laps!
We’ve got a good amount of programs and projects underway throughout the community and you will be seeing a lot of work around town including new road and street overlays, completion of the new library in Old Town Newhall, completion of the new Community Center in Canyon Country, median beautification projects and landscaping, new sidewalks and repairs, bridge upgrades, and a lot more. For a complete list of projects, I encourage you to take a look at the City budget at: www.santa-clarita.com.
Don’t forget that summer in Santa Clarita means it’s time for the City’s free Concerts in the Park series presented by First Entertainment Credit Union. Every Saturday night from July 7 through August 25, the City will host a free weekly concert at Central Park, beginning at 7 p.m. This year’s concert lineup features a wide variety of musical styles with something for everyone! Food and beverages will be available for sale. We encourage you to bring your family, a blanket or chairs, and enjoy the sounds of summer at Central Park! More information about the City’s free Concerts in the Park series is available on our website at: www.santa-clarita.com/arts/concerts.
Thank you for your support of our great City! Feel free to email me any ideas or suggestions you might have at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Celebrate Entrepreneurial Achievements Vote Now for the SCV Leadership Awards
- Take a Cruise, Support Your Local Sheriffs!
- A Note from the Publishers - July 2012
- Vote for Your Favorites! Ultimate Home & Garden Awards
- Don’t Miss Out on the Star Studded Event Dancing With Our Stars Tickets Now Available
- Bring Your Poker Face Come Support the Michael Hoefflin Foundation
- Local Alumnus Enters Boys & Girls Club Hall of Fame
- SISCV receives a $6,000 Grant from SI of the Americas
- Valencia Country Club Site of 22nd Annual COC Foundation Golf Tourney
- Zonta Installs New Officers and Names Zontian of the Year