Engineered wood is produced with three to five layers of hardwood. Each layer is stacked in a cross-grain configuration and bonded together under heat and pressure. As a result, engineered wood flooring is less likely to be affected by changes in humidity and can be installed at all levels of the home. This makes it typically more flexible with installation.
Engineered flooring can be installed in any room that you choose, even below grade, because it can withstand moisture due to the multiple layers of wood material that withstand buckling and rippling. It’s also fairly easy to install and looks just as beautiful as hardwood flooring. Engineered hardwood flooring is comparable to hardwood flooring, with the single biggest differences being in the amount of times you can refinish engineered hardwood, versus solid hardwood. Solid hardwood can be sanded and refinished over and over, and while engineered hardwood can be refinished, it can’t be refinished over and over again. As a result, solid lasts longer. However, engineered wood is typically more cost effective.
At Santa Clarita Flooring, we offer free in home consultations and would be happy to come to your home to find the right flooring for you. Stop by our showroom or give us a call!
Santa Clarita Flooring is located at 26111 Bouquet Canyon Road in Santa Clarita. For more information, please call 661-799-8088.
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Saugus Graduates – “We’re Going Places!”
- ROCK ON with the Boys & Girls Club!
- Tee Off at the SCV Senior Center’s Summer Showdown!
- A Note from The Publishers -June 2013
- An Evening of Fun with the Gentlemen! Soroptimist International of SCV’s 2nd Annual Gentlemen for a Cause
- You Are Making a Difference!
- Around Town
- Hike Santa Clarita Now Offers Blog and “Ask Dr. Norm” Feature
- Logix Federal Credit Union Named as Title Sponsor for Circle of Hope’s 2013 Vine 2 Wine Classic
- COC Summer Session to Provide Class Seats for 18,000 Students