Assistance League’s first philanthropic program called Hug-a-Bear was started in 1988 at the Chapter’s founding meeting. The next year when Assistance League was inaugurated, the program was dubbed “Teddy Bear Patrol.”
Chairperson, Maureen Wilksen said, “These cuddly bears sporting Assistance League logo shirts have been providing comfort to traumatized children, and sometimes adults, throughout the Santa Clarita Valley for 24 years.” Volunteer members of Assistance League take the bears to local sheriff, CHP, and fire stations, Valencia Surgical Center and Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital’s Department of Surgical Services. The dedicated service and medical personnel then distribute the bears as needed. This is one more way Assistance League brings “caring and commitment into action” in the Santa Clarita Valley.
For information about our programs, fundraisers and membership, e-mail ALsantaclarita@gmail.com, visit www.assistanceleague-alsc.org or call the Resale Store at 661-255-1991.
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- It’s Time for the 4th Annual Dancing With Our Stars Event!
- A Note from The Publishers - August 2012
- Sip, Stroll and Savor the Sounds
- The Sound of Music in Final Weeks
- Message From the City Manager Ken Pulskamp - August 2012
- LARC Ranch to Host Country-Western Carnival October 14 Fundraiser Features Live Music from The Lucky Stars
- Santa Clarita Resident Nikki Brandes is “In It To End It.”
- A Day-Trippers Delight: COC Community Education to Offer Single-Day Tours
- Center of the World Festival
- College of the Canyons Students Leading the Way To Cancer Cures