Many people don’t realize the dual nature of the return they get from their remodeling investment. When you remodel your home, there are generally both long-term returns, such an increase in the resale value and marketability of you home, and immediate daily dividends, which you start receiving as soon as the project is completed.
The return that most people think of and that you read about most in the press is the increase in the resale or market value of your home. This return is the long-term portion of the return on your investment. It can be high or low depending on the housing market and economy when you sell. However, almost no one decides to remodel based on the likely increase in the resale value return side of the investment. It is a bonus.
The returns you get from remodeling are very tangible and come from the way that remodeling improves the quality of your life. How it lets you do things you couldn’t before provides you with the special places you have always wanted: a new kitchen, addition, master suite, or other specialty room. How it makes you feel when you wake up in the morning or when you have friends and family over.
The dividends you get from remodeling are not dependent on the housing market or the economy. However, they are very dependent on timing. The sooner you remodel, the longer you will get to enjoy the daily dividends, the real reason you want to remodel.
So, if you expect to live in your home for another 15 years, remodeling now will give you 15 years of living in a home designed for you. You will get double the daily dividends you would get if you waited seven to eight years before remodeling. And remember, this is the reason you are really remodeling in the first place – to make your home a nicer place for you to live.
For more information, contact US Home Developers at 888-407-9905 or visit our website at www.ushomedevelopers.com
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Saugus Graduates – “We’re Going Places!”
- ROCK ON with the Boys & Girls Club!
- Tee Off at the SCV Senior Center’s Summer Showdown!
- A Note from The Publishers -June 2013
- An Evening of Fun with the Gentlemen! Soroptimist International of SCV’s 2nd Annual Gentlemen for a Cause
- You Are Making a Difference!
- Around Town
- Hike Santa Clarita Now Offers Blog and “Ask Dr. Norm” Feature
- Logix Federal Credit Union Named as Title Sponsor for Circle of Hope’s 2013 Vine 2 Wine Classic
- COC Summer Session to Provide Class Seats for 18,000 Students