Jack Nealy is the conductor of the Antelope Valley line which begins in Lancaster. “C’mon N’Ride It” with us and learn some tips for travel on the Metrolink:
– Pick up the train from 19201 Via Pricessa, 22122 Soledad Canyon Road or the Jan Heidt Newhall Station at 24300 Railroad Ave.
– Park in the long term parking lot.
– Purchase your ticket on the day of your travel. You may pay by cash or credit card. There is also a rate for seniors.
– The train arrives at 6:42 a.m. at Villa Princessa, 6:48 a.m. at Santa Clarita and 6:55 a.m. at the Jan Heidt Newhall Station.
– All seats are unassigned. You could end up on one of three levels. Pick an area to enter the car of your choice.
– The train departs for L.A. Union Station one minute after it’s arrival at these stations, so move fast. It stops at Sylmar/San Fernando, Sun Valley, Downtown Burbank, and Glendale. Arrival time at Union Station is at 7:45 a.m. on track three.
– After arrival at L.A. Union station, choose to stay in the Los Angeles area or travel on other Metrolink lines.
– You could take the Metrolink San Bernardino line which stops at Cal State L.A., El Monte, Baldwin Park, Covina, Pomona, Claremont, Montclair, Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Rialto, San Bernardino and downtown Riverside.
– Another choice is the Orange County line which stops at Commerce, Norwalk/Santa Fe Springs, Fullerton, Anaheim, Orange, Santa Ana, Tustin, Irvine, Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo, San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente Pier and Oceanside.
– There is a different schedule for Saturday.
– On your return trip to Union station, go to track 3 and look for Jack. He is standing in front of one of the cars.
– Jack has a great voice and announces every stop with clarity, “Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to train 209 to Lancaster. Please stand clear, the doors are closing.”
– The train is mostly congested on Jack’s route, especially at Burbank near the Bob Hope Airport.
– The afternoon train leaves L.A. Union Station at 5:30 p.m. and arrives in Newhall at 6:23 p.m., and then it travels to the other Santa Clarita stations at 6:30 p.m. and 6:36 p.m. respectively and finally ending in Lancaster.
We are lucky to have these three stations in Santa Clarita. “C’mon N’Ride It” with us. You’ll enjoy the ride. I promise.
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- Hit the Greens at the 40th Annual Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2013
- Old Town Newhall Farmers Market Serves Up Fresh Produce, Spices and Entertainment
- The Senior Center Summer Showdown Is Back!
- A Memorial Day Tribute to Veterans
- Pamela Ripling Wins Zonta’s Carmen Sarro Service Award
- Amgen Tour of California Races into Santa Clarita
- Rock On at the Boys & Girls Club Auction!
- COC Partners with Newhall County Water District for New Internship Opportunity
- A Day of Art and Wine