“Free Parking, Free Entrance”
Peering over 300 year old trees you will see snow capped mountains, while hearing the sound of birds, and the laughter of children. Add to this the scent of the forest coming to life with flowers and new growth, and you realize you are in a magical place. It is locally called “The Nearby Far-A-Way Place”
The Lilac Festival is where fathers had their first dance with their daughters, and moms with their sons, and perhaps their first pony rides as well. We will have a parade with a king and queen riding through town along with our local dignitaries, school bands, characters, and clubs. There will be an old fashioned Maypole dance, A Square Dance Demonstration, and a Cake Walk. Judy Garland (played by Elaine Horn) will feature a return to the Land of Oz and the Yellow Brick Road. Bingo on Sunday Morning. Kid’s Karaoke. Blues Bands and Celtic.
Music will be everywhere, with over 75 vendor booths selling their crafts along with our local merchants. Our restaurants and food booths will be available all day for your pleasure. Did I mention we are surrounded by national forest, just about 60 miles from Santa Clarita? The Nearby Far Away Place is just up the 5 freeway, exit the Frazier Park, Mt. Pinos Recreation Area -- and go west 18 miles. It’s easy to find, it’s easy to love. See you there.
For more information call Gary Wilson, Lilac Chairman 888-856-0001
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- 36th Annual Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo "Drive Safe" Golf Classic Supports the ER
- Ladies In Business Conference 2009
- A Note From the Publishers - May 2009
- The Santa Clarita Ballet To Perform June 20
- Kai's Courageous Spirit
- "A Return to a Simpler Time"
- Summer's the Season to Celebrate 10 Years of the Santa Clarita Master Chorale
- ZOE Teaches "Men" to "Fish"
- FLY "Over the Rainbow" with ESCAPE's Production of The Wizard of Oz
- Excitement Grows for Pet Expo USA