Hair Styling Tips For Fine Hair
Anyone with fine hair knows how easily fine hair can be plagued by frizz, flat limp locks and the inability to hold a curl, and how easy it is for these factors to cause you to give up even trying to style your hair. But these issues, and many other fine hair styling problems, can be overcome. All it takes is learning some easy hairstyling tips.
Start with the Right Haircut and Hair Stylist!
To even the odds between good and bad hair days for fine hair, your first step should be a good haircut. One of the biggest complaints about fine hair is the lack of body so a good cut that will instantly inject body into your hair is a great place to start.
Something above the shoulders is perfect for this, but fine hair in any type of length can be improved with different hair cutting techniques and the help of layers. To find out what’s right for you, come see me for a consultation about the best cut based on your hair and other attributes, such as your hair density (which can range from thin to thick), hair texture (straight, wavy, curly) and face shape.
• When it comes to straightening fine hair, try using a blow dryer and paddle brush instead of a straightener this will give a more body filled finish.
• Use hair mousse before styling to add grip to your hair if it normally doesn’t hold a style well.
• Moisture will wreak havoc on fine hair causing frizz and your style to drop. Getting as much moisture out of your hair as possible is the key to creating and keeping your look so make sure your hair is about 80 percent dry by the time you start styling and keep going until your hair is 100 percent dry.
• If you’ve got an asymmetrical cut then give your fine hair more lift by blow-drying your hair in the opposite direction of the way you’ll be wearing it, and then brushing it back the right way. Your fine hair strands will naturally lift up and give you a more volume filled finish.
• My final tip is to consider using hair color and hair extensions to add extra volume and thickness to your hair. Hair extensions can be clipped or beaded in where needed and cut and colored to match your hair.
Call Nicole Ruggeri at 661-373-4234; by appointment only and check out www.vipcolorandcut.com for more information!
ADVERTISE WITH US
Supervisor Kathryn Barger Expresses Concern Regarding Board Action That Will Result in More County Spending.
Supervisor Kathryn Barger abstained from voting on two motions heard by the Board of Supervisors that seek to create two new county departments to serve older adults and economic development. In a report previously requested by the Board of Supervisors...
Join the Library’s “Imagine Your Story” Photo Contest Beginning August 1 The Santa Clarita Public Library invites residents of all ages to join the “Imagine Your Story” Photo Contest! Submit a high-resolution image of you reading your favorite book, re-enacting...
SCV Chamber’s Latino Business Alliance Leads Community Giving to Provide Laptops to the Boys & GIrls Club
The SCV Chamber of Commerce’s Latino Business Alliance provides nine laptops to the Boys & Girls Club as schools begin to make decisions for full time virtual learning for the beginning of the school year. The Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.