Ten fun facts About Volvo
2. The company was officially founded on 14 April 1927. The first Volvo car was called the “Jakob” and was manufactured in 1927.
3. The Volvo 200 series was released in 1974 and the 6-cylinder version followed soon after.
4. In Latin, Volvo means “I roll” and the name was originally registered for a ball bearing company in the year 1911. This was meant to be a separate company that SKF had created. This plan was scrapped and the name was used for the car manufacturing unit and what an apt one it was!
5. In 1999, Volvo was added along with Aston Martin and Jaguar to the Ford Prestige Auto Group. The company was sold in 2010 to the Zhejiang Geely Holding Group which was a Chinese company.
6. The first production car to have a laminated windscreen was the Volvo PV444.
7. In the first half of the 1980’s most of the chrome finish on the 240 series was painted black to lend it a sportier look. Some averred that it looked very down market.
8. All the luxurious Volvo models were outfitted with the V6 engine that was also popularly called the PRV engine after Peugeot, Renault and Volvo – these three companies collectively designed the engine.
9. The Volvo truck assembly started in 1974 in Ghent.
10. The first Volvo truck model that was produced was the Volvo Amazon.
For more information about Volvo contact Valencia Volvo at 661-298-2784 or go to www.valenciavolvo.com.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Following the COVID-19 outbreak, our community’s response has been overwhelming and inspiring. Local government agencies, businesses, volunteer organizations, and people from all walks of life inquired about how they could help our efforts. We are deeply...
A fixture in the Santa Clarita Valley for more than 30 years, Frontier Toyota is synonymous with its owner, Joe Caso. While Joe has made a name for himself by successfully selling and servicing cars and trucks, he’s also been a passionate advocate for...
Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital is grateful for our community partners and donors for their generosity. Your kind gestures and donations mean the world to us—and our patients. From handsewn face masks to PPE to coffee and meal donations, we are overwhelmed by the kindness...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.