Inbox or Outbox The In’s and Out’s of Packing Up Your Home for Moving Day
One of three articles dedicated to helping you prepare for moving day! Packing up your entire home in preparation for a move can seem like a daunting task. However, with the right advice, the right timeline, and the right tools, it can be accomplished.
The packing pros at Camelot are here to help with this 3-part series. This first article will focus on the right tools: what belongings go into which box?
Keep in mind this important rule of thumb to be a successful packer: Weight is everything! As you pack, ask yourself, “Could I lift this packed box?”
• Manage the heavy items—such as books, CDs, DVDs, and small appliances—by packing them into small boxes.
• Use medium boxes for mid-weight items: shoes, board games, toys, and decorative items (small- and medium-sized picture frames) with plenty of packing paper.
• Large boxes will accommodate linens but remember to keep the weight down. Surprisingly the weight of blankets can add up.
• Extra-large boxes hold lamp shades and comforters.
• Wardrobe boxes transport hanging clothing.
• Use the original boxes for your electronics if you have them. If not, consult with your moving company in advance.
Helpful Tip: Label your boxes in great detail! While items usually return to the same room, such as the kitchen or bathroom, they don’t always (e.g., items moving from the kids’ room to the playroom or the bedroom to the office). Clearly label your boxes based osn their destination, not their origin.
Now that you know which boxes to use for which items, let’s talk technique. In our next article, we’ll discuss how to pack your belongings safely and efficiently.
For details and more information, call 661-255-3112.
ADVERTISE WITH US
A big shout out to the Performing Arts Center at College of the Canyons for letting us shoot our cover at their beautiful “freshly carpeted” facility. We struggle every year to find a “cool” spot to take our cover photograph for the Michael Hoefflin Foundation and...read more
The Michael Hoefflin Foundation for Children’s Cancer is proud to present their 26th Annual Evening Under the Stars Gala Dinner and Charity Auction. They are a local non-profit for children’s cancer and are pleased to be able to once again host this exciting event....read more
Nominations are closed, and the next class of SCV 40 Under Forty nominees is in! Below you will find the list of 96 nominees for the 2019 SCV 40 Under Forty Awards. JCI Santa Clarita and Santa Clarita Magazine would like to congratulate the next generation of...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.