Inbox or Outbox The In’s and Out’s of Packing Up Your Home for Moving Day
One of three articles dedicated to helping you prepare for moving day! Packing up your entire home in preparation for a move can seem like a daunting task. However, with the right advice, the right timeline, and the right tools, it can be accomplished.
The packing pros at Camelot are here to help with this 3-part series. This first article will focus on the right tools: what belongings go into which box?
Keep in mind this important rule of thumb to be a successful packer: Weight is everything! As you pack, ask yourself, “Could I lift this packed box?”
• Manage the heavy items—such as books, CDs, DVDs, and small appliances—by packing them into small boxes.
• Use medium boxes for mid-weight items: shoes, board games, toys, and decorative items (small- and medium-sized picture frames) with plenty of packing paper.
• Large boxes will accommodate linens but remember to keep the weight down. Surprisingly the weight of blankets can add up.
• Extra-large boxes hold lamp shades and comforters.
• Wardrobe boxes transport hanging clothing.
• Use the original boxes for your electronics if you have them. If not, consult with your moving company in advance.
Helpful Tip: Label your boxes in great detail! While items usually return to the same room, such as the kitchen or bathroom, they don’t always (e.g., items moving from the kids’ room to the playroom or the bedroom to the office). Clearly label your boxes based osn their destination, not their origin.
Now that you know which boxes to use for which items, let’s talk technique. In our next article, we’ll discuss how to pack your belongings safely and efficiently.
For details and more information, call 661-255-3112.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Where do I even begin? Over the years, the Santa Clarita Valley has become our home, it is where we raised our son, Alexander, where we gained success in our business and built a strong circle of friends and support. This is the same for so many families here in this...
For the past 30 years, Prime Publications Incorporated, publishers of Santa Clarita Magazine and SCV élite Magazine have been at the helm of media and marketing, utilizing their platform to keep our valley’s small businesses, non-profits, achievements and developments...
On our cover this month, we are thrilled to feature Santa Claus, along with Corrine Barchanowicz, Senior General Manager at Westfield Valencia Town Center and her adorable daughter Arabella who stole all of our hearts with her very cute smile. You will find...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.