How to Maintain Your Pool in a Heat Wave
Pools and heat waves should go together perfectly, when temperatures soar there is no more inviting sight than the pool you’ve worked hard to maintain all summer. But when heat waves extend past a few days, they can cause a few issues with your pool water which is why pool maintenance is so important.
The biggest issue is chlorine loss. High temperatures and heavy UV exposure from the sun can cause increased evaporation as well faster deterioration of your chlorine. Warmer water temperatures can also contribute to algae blooms, especially when chlorine loss occurs.
Here are some helpful tips for maintaining your pool during heat waves:
• Use a home test kit/strips every day AND bring a water sample in to The Swimming Pool Store once a week to ensure your chlorine and stabilizer levels are ideal.
• Vacuum your pool surfaces more often, as many strains of algae form on the surfaces first.
• Keep extra shock on hand for when chlorine levels decrease or after heavy use of the pool.
• Maintain ideal stabilizer (cyanuric acid) levels (between 30 to 150 ppm) to decrease UV light degradation of chlorine
• Use a solar blanket or liquid solar blanket at night to decrease evaporation.
• Clean or backwash your filter more frequently, as its workload typically increases during heatwaves
If you’re having trouble holding chlorine during a heat wave, bring in a water sample to The Swimming Pool Store for a free and accurate diagnosis and we’ll get you pool back in shape!
For details or to schedule an appointment, call Moises Galvez at 661-373-5256. You can learn more online at mgpsllc.com
ADVERTISE WITH US
Oh, my goodness it’s going to be difficult to keep up with all the non-profit activities this month! October is just buzzing with fund-raising! Not only are there events that you can attend, but there are countless businesses in the Santa Clarita Valley giving back...read more
Bridge to Home, the primary homeless services provider in the Santa Clarita Valley, is hosting their premier fundraiser, Soup for the Soul – Sera in Italia, on Saturday, October 12, at 6 p.m. at Bella Vida, located at 27180 Golden Valley Road. The community is...read more
Circle of Hope’s beloved annual Afternoon Tea returns October 12, to the Hyatt Regency Valencia! In concert with the nonprofit’s year-long anniversary celebration, event organizers are bringing back themes from the Tea’s previous fourteen years, providing guests with...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.