How to Maintain Your Pool in a Heat Wave
Pools and heat waves should go together perfectly, when temperatures soar there is no more inviting sight than the pool you’ve worked hard to maintain all summer. But when heat waves extend past a few days, they can cause a few issues with your pool water which is why pool maintenance is so important.
The biggest issue is chlorine loss. High temperatures and heavy UV exposure from the sun can cause increased evaporation as well faster deterioration of your chlorine. Warmer water temperatures can also contribute to algae blooms, especially when chlorine loss occurs.
Here are some helpful tips for maintaining your pool during heat waves:
• Use a home test kit/strips every day AND bring a water sample in to The Swimming Pool Store once a week to ensure your chlorine and stabilizer levels are ideal.
• Vacuum your pool surfaces more often, as many strains of algae form on the surfaces first.
• Keep extra shock on hand for when chlorine levels decrease or after heavy use of the pool.
• Maintain ideal stabilizer (cyanuric acid) levels (between 30 to 150 ppm) to decrease UV light degradation of chlorine
• Use a solar blanket or liquid solar blanket at night to decrease evaporation.
• Clean or backwash your filter more frequently, as its workload typically increases during heatwaves
If you’re having trouble holding chlorine during a heat wave, bring in a water sample to The Swimming Pool Store for a free and accurate diagnosis and we’ll get you pool back in shape!
For details or to schedule an appointment, call Moises Galvez at 661-373-5256. You can learn more online at mgpsllc.com
ADVERTISE WITH US
The Santa Clarita Magazine is officially 30-years of age and we feel the love! As we turn our focus to the loved ones in our lives in this month of Valentines, we would like to take this opportunity to thank our very loyal advertisers, community partners and, of...
A Knight of Royals at Bella Vida on February 29 Santa Clarita Magazine is proud to feature the SCV Senior Center’s Celebrity Waiter event. This year’s cover features the King and Queen (Winston and Pansy Greene) of this year’s theme – A Knight of Royals. Winston and...
The 8th Annual Santa Clarita Valley Charity Chili Cook-off is set to feature 40 amateur chefs to compete for the most prestigious awards of the event.The organizers are looking for sponsors and chili cooker contestants. The event will take place at 6 p.m. on...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.