How to Maintain Your Pool in a Heat Wave
Pools and heat waves should go together perfectly, when temperatures soar there is no more inviting sight than the pool you’ve worked hard to maintain all summer. But when heat waves extend past a few days, they can cause a few issues with your pool water which is why pool maintenance is so important.
The biggest issue is chlorine loss. High temperatures and heavy UV exposure from the sun can cause increased evaporation as well faster deterioration of your chlorine. Warmer water temperatures can also contribute to algae blooms, especially when chlorine loss occurs.
Here are some helpful tips for maintaining your pool during heat waves:
• Use a home test kit/strips every day AND bring a water sample in to The Swimming Pool Store once a week to ensure your chlorine and stabilizer levels are ideal.
• Vacuum your pool surfaces more often, as many strains of algae form on the surfaces first.
• Keep extra shock on hand for when chlorine levels decrease or after heavy use of the pool.
• Maintain ideal stabilizer (cyanuric acid) levels (between 30 to 150 ppm) to decrease UV light degradation of chlorine
• Use a solar blanket or liquid solar blanket at night to decrease evaporation.
• Clean or backwash your filter more frequently, as its workload typically increases during heatwaves
If you’re having trouble holding chlorine during a heat wave, bring in a water sample to The Swimming Pool Store for a free and accurate diagnosis and we’ll get you pool back in shape!
For details or to schedule an appointment, call Moises Galvez at 661-373-5256. You can learn more online at mgpsllc.com
ADVERTISE WITH US
Well, Alex and I made it on the cover this month! It was a hot, blustery day, but I was so happy to join Amy Daniels of the Wish Education Foundation, Corrine Barchanowicz, Senior General Manager and Audra Cheney, Marketing Manager of Westfield Valencia Town Center...read more
Featured on our cover this month are Corrine Barchanowicz, Senior General Manager and Audra Cheney, Marketing Manager of Westfield Valencia Town Center, Amy Daniels of the Wish Education Foundation and Linda Hafizi, Publisher of the Santa Clarita Magazine. Here it is,...read more
Hoedown for Hope - A BBQ Competition event benefitting Circle of Hope and Hope’s Haven Cancer Wellness Center will be held on September 14, 2019 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Put on your boots and cowboy hat and get ready to chow down some fantastic BBQ featuring family fun,...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.