Dieting Tips to Get You Through the Holidays!
The holiday season is just around the corner and so are all those extra calories from Halloween candy, Thanksgiving leftovers and Christmas parties. The average American puts on 10 pounds during the holidays but that doesn’t have to be you. It is possible to enjoy the holiday season without gaining too much excess body fat. Here are a few dieting tips to get your through the holidays!
1. Portion Control! Portion control is the most important factor in not gaining excess body fat during the holidays. Simply put don’t over-do it. Enjoy the foods you like but do so in moderation.
2. Choose Your Food Wisely! Research suggests that you’ll consume the largest quantity of the foods you eat first, so set yourself up for success by starting with something healthy and or low-calorie.
3. Downsize Your Plate! If you have the option to go for a smaller plate when you’re eating at holiday functions. Downsize your plate to trick your brain into thinking you are eating more.
4. Nibble and Sip! Take smaller sips and bites to trick your brain into eating 30 percent fewer calories! Studies find that when you take nibbles, chew your food longer and eat slower, your brain thinks you’ve eaten more.
5. Never Arrive Hungry! Planning ahead can help you maintain discipline in the face of temptation. Don’t go to a party starving.
6. Bring Your Own Treats. Whether you’re going to a friend’s party or an office potluck, consider bringing a low-calorie treat that you know you’ll enjoy. Bringing your own dessert will make the more fattening alternatives less tempting.
You can expect Survival of The Fittest Health and Wellness to go above and beyond to help you reach your goals. If you are interested in more information, please visit www.sofhealthandwellness.com or you can reach me directly at 661-713-7576 or James@sofhealthandwellness.com.
ADVERTISE WITH US
We are so EXCITED to announce the rescheduling of our 8th Annual Event with a Fall Halloween Theme! Forty amateur chefs are sweating it out in the kitchen, preparing to compete in the 8th Annual SCV Charity Chili Cook-off. People’s Choice and Judges Choice prizes will...
It is time to celebrate everything that makes Santa Clarita an All-Star City! We are thrilled to once again hold our landmark State of the City event in person for 2021. The big event will be held on Thursday, November 4, at 3:00 p.m. at the brand-new Canyon...
The culmination of a major project is always an exciting time. That excitement is amplified when you get to open two landmark City projects in just days of each other. This October, the City is proud to welcome the community to the new Canyon Country Community...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.