How Much is My Case Worth?
We are often asked this question. Simplest answer “It’s worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it!” In all seriousness, the answer depends on a variety of factors:
1. Timing – at what point in the case is this question asked? Is it before or after the client has finished treatment? This is important because until the client has finished treatment, we don’t know the extent of his/her injuries, total medical bills, or future prognosis.
2. Type of case – is it a car accident where liability is clear, a slip and fall where liability is always disputed, or some other type of case? This is important because, if liability is an issue, it will impact the value of the caase. If a car accident, what are the mechanics of the accident? Broadside accidents yield different results compared to rear-end collisions compared to head-on collisions.
3. Type of injury – did the injured party sustain soft tissue (whiplash, strains and sprains), suffer a broken bone or something more serious? Different types of injuries yield different results.
4. Amount of medical bills – were the bills paid through private insurance, Medicare/MediCal, or are the bills on liens? The amount of medical bills can significantly change the value of a case.
5. Where did the incident occur – LA County, Ventura County, Orange County, Kern County? This is important because some counties are more conservative when it comes to paying for personal injuries compared to others.
6. Which insurance company is involved? Different insurance companies and their adjusters handle claims differently and in doing so, pay different amounts.
7. Current economic climate – yes, what goes on in the world changes the way insurance companies handle claims. With over two decades of experience, we know the ins and outs.”
For more information, please call The Mason Law Firm at 661-476-5678 or email email@example.com.
ADVERTISE WITH US
July is filled with warm, sunny days and one of the City of Santa Clarita’s favorite holidays- the Fourth of July. This holiday is more than just a day off to spend with family and loved ones- it is a reminder of the thousands of servicemen and women that fight...
The Fourth of July is a special time in the Santa Clarita Valley as we celebrate the history of our great country and honor those who fought for the freedoms we enjoy. This year marks two very important landmark anniversary’s in our nation’s history. The first...
Last month marked the momentous occasion of welcoming the 35th park to the City of Santa Clarita. Plum Canyon Park is part of the 3,118 acres that were annexed to the City of Santa Clarita in 2018. In addition to the new park, the acquired acres are home to the...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.