A New Year – A Healthier You!
The New Year is a time for making resolutions and losing weight is always high on the list. There are many reasons that an individual wants to lose weight. But the most important reason is to improve health and vitality. In other words, do it for yourself.
As the news and medical articles report, being overweight puts you at risk for disease and aggravates existing medical problems. There are a few key points that are worth repeating on the benefits of not being overweight. Losing weight can:
• Prevent or reduce high blood pressure – sometimes to a level where blood pressure medication could be reduced or even eliminated.
• Improve blood sugar. If you’re a type 2 diabetic, just a 10% weight loss can greatly affect blood sugar levels.
• Improve cholesterol levels.
• Help decrease the chance of heart disease.
• Help with joint pain. It’s difficult for the natural cushions in your joints to withstand those extra pounds. Losing weight can reduce the wear and tear on joints.
• If your carry weight in your abdomen and have back problem, losing weight and exercising your abdominal muscles can greatly relieve your discomfort.
• If you have sleep apnea, even modest weight loss has shown it may alleviate the need for long-term therapy. It may also help ordinary snoring.
• Help your general health and help increase your body’s ability to fight disease.
Okay, these are some of the reasons losing weight is important. How do we go about achieving the results? To prevent disease or cure disease we go to a medical professional. Losing weight is no different. A medical professional with years of experience specializing in weight loss can diagnose problems and offer the best program. It may be medication and a personal food plan, or medical grade high protein snacks or a food replacement program.
Good health is available to each of us. We just need to reach out, get the help offered and make the resolution for success. Do it for yourself!
For more information and a free consultation, contact Etcetera Medical Group, 661-259-8884.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Santa PawsNow to December 20Bring your furry four-legged friend for their close-up with Santa! Pet Photos are available on Mondays 11/29, 12/6, 12/13, and 12/20 from 4-8pm on each day. Pets must be leashed and/or caged, dogs and cats only please. Please use the Canyon...
At FivePoint Valencia, model home tours are available for the first design collections, and the Porch welcome center is open. The Porch is at Magic Mountain Parkway and Navigation Avenue, and the address is 27426 Navigation Avenue, Valencia 91381.Here, helpful...
We are in the home stretch of the holiday season. I hope you have made plans to safely celebrate with family and friends. I also want to encourage you to keep safety in mind when shopping for that perfect gift for your loved ones.Whether you are heading to Westfield...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.