Moving Forward in 2020 SRD Straightening Reins
\The SRD Straightening Reins Foundation has finally settled in its new home in Castaic. Excitement abounds for new programs being developed and those that are being expanded. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported, “…the suicide rate among Americans ages 10 to 24 jumped 56 percent between 2007 and 2017.” The Santa Clarita Valley has not gone untouched.
The mission of SRD is to support parents, adolescents and teens during their time of crisis and afterwards by offering tools for mental well-being and better communication within the family unit. Do not wait until you’re in crisis before reaching out. If you notice challenging behavior that you need support to deal with, there are healing solutions available NOW, accessible with just a telephone call.
Current programs are:
• Ranch Crew (3 days a week) – Youth develop leadership and communication skills while receiving hands on and experiential learning in a safe place to grow socially and emotionally.
• Parent Ranch Crew (monthly) – A time for the entire family to work together while bonding with our herd.
• Ongoing Private Sessions are available with an EAGALA certified equine specialist and trained mental health staff.
• SRD School Programs (weekly) – Focusing on site specific needs with the therapy herd visiting local school sites. We’re already visiting 3 high schools and 2 middle schools.
• Weekly Support Groups – Focused on parents who need help dealing with the needs of their children, in addition to a Saugus Strong Parent Group for those high school parents handling the family’s anxiety and feelings in the aftermath of our local tragedy.
Please reach out to Deborah Rocha, Executive Director 661-803-1641 or via e-mail email@example.com. Visit our website at https://srdstraighteningreins.org for a more detailed list of our programs.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Supervisor Kathryn Barger Expresses Concern Regarding Board Action That Will Result in More County Spending.
Supervisor Kathryn Barger abstained from voting on two motions heard by the Board of Supervisors that seek to create two new county departments to serve older adults and economic development. In a report previously requested by the Board of Supervisors...
Join the Library’s “Imagine Your Story” Photo Contest Beginning August 1 The Santa Clarita Public Library invites residents of all ages to join the “Imagine Your Story” Photo Contest! Submit a high-resolution image of you reading your favorite book, re-enacting...
SCV Chamber’s Latino Business Alliance Leads Community Giving to Provide Laptops to the Boys & GIrls Club
The SCV Chamber of Commerce’s Latino Business Alliance provides nine laptops to the Boys & Girls Club as schools begin to make decisions for full time virtual learning for the beginning of the school year. The Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.