Cancelled or Postponed Upcoming Events
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended that no gatherings with 50 people or more take place for the next eight weeks to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.
The agency said these gatherings include conferences, festivals, parades, concerts, sporting events, weddings and other types of assemblies.
“Large events and mass gatherings can contribute to the spread of COVID-19 in the United States via travelers who attend these events and introduce the virus to new communities,” the CDC said in its new guidelines.
The CDC recommended organizers “cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States.” The recommendation does not apply to some organizations like schools or businesses.
As most of you know our town always has such wonderful events. Due to the coronavirus the following events have been cancelled or postponed until further notice (accurate at the time of print):
• 8th Annual SCV Charity Chili Cook Off
• Soroptimist International of Greater SCV’s Wine Affair
• Child & Family Center’s Taste of the Town
• Circle of Hope’s Bowling for Hope
• Santa Clarita VegFest
• Out of Darkness Campus Walk
• City of Santa Clarita’s Sister Cities Charity Hike
• City of Santa Clarita’s SENSES Block Parties
• City of Santa Clarita’s Youth Arts Showcase
• City of Santa Clarita’s City Council Regular Meeting
• City of Santa Clarita’s DFY in SCV Youth Summit
• City of Santa Clarita’s Eggstravaganza
• City of Santa Clarita’s Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival
• City of Santa Clarita’s Earth Arbor Da
• City of Santa Clarita’s Free to Be Me Music Festival
• Family Promise’s A Taste of Hope 2
• KHTS Home & Garden Show
• Michael Hoefflin Foundation’s Walk for Kids with Cancer
• VIA Luncheon
• WiSH Education Foundation’s Wine on the Roof
• NextSCV Past Chairs of SCV Chamber
• Boys & Girls Club of Santa Clarita Valley Santa Clarita’s
Amateur Golf Tournament
• Henry Mayo Home Tour Fashion Show
• Wine in the Pine
• Lilac Festvial
• Santa Clarita Valley Man & Woman of the Year
As we get updates we will let you know which events will be back up and running. Check our Facebook page for updates.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Circle of Hope Continues To Offer Cancer Support and Services Amid Covid-19 Crisis, Seeks Community Support
March 27, 2020 | Santa Clarita, Ca. –In keeping the health and best interests of cancer patients, survivors and Circle of Hope staff in mind, Circle of Hope has temporarily suspended services out of their office and Wellness Center in Newhall. The organization...
We Are In This Together!First and foremost, our wish is for good health to you and your family. Our hearts and thoughts go out to all the Santa Clarita Valley as our community tries to navigate through these challenging times due to the COVID-19. Our team has...
Assemblywoman Christy Smith (D-Santa Clarita) released the following statement upon her vote to pass emergency funds to address our current public health crisis:“Today, my Assembly colleagues and I took swift, decisive action to meet the unprecedented...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.