The Do’s and Don’ts of Joining a Gym in 2021!
Every January millions of people flock to local gyms to lose weight and get fit. If you’re looking to join a gym this year just make sure you take your time and choose wisely because being stuck in a contract at a gym you don’t like is the worst. Here are some basic guidelines for joining a gym:
1. Don’t join a gym because they’re running a promotion or they’re the cheapest.
2. Don’t make the mistake of joining a gym because your friend goes there.
3. Most certainly don’t join a gym without doing your due diligence. Yelp, Google and Facebook all provide reviews for you to check out, and it only takes minutes. You can also ask around as to what gyms people prefer.
4. Don’t join a gym without trying a few first. Most gyms offer free trials or discounted promotions of some kind, so please take advantage of that.
5. Do make sure you read and completely understand any contract before signing. Gyms are notorious for one-sided contracts that are set up to benefit them and not you. Don’t let anyone pressure you into signing a contract on the spot.
8. To help you find the best match for your needs, do make sure you ask yourself the following questions before joining a gym/fitness program:
• How much can you afford?
• How close is the gym to your home or job?
• Are the hours of operation and class times suitable for your schedule?
• What kind of vibe or culture will keep you coming back?
• Do you plan on taking classes? If so, what kind of classes are offered?
• Do they offer modifications for injuries and limitations during class?
• How is the facility maintained?
• Is the staff friendly and helpful?
• Do they have locker rooms and showers?
• Do they have child care?
• Is the equipment in good working order, or is it broken?
Take your time to find a gym that fits you best, and you’ll be very happy you did. Losing weight and getting fit is a challenging undertaking, but with the right gym, you’ll be well on your way to achieving your goals in 2021!
ADVERTISE WITH US
26th Annual River Rally Cleanup Event Returns September 18 Volunteers Must Pre-Register by September 17
Sign-up to volunteer today for the City of Santa Clarita’s 26th Annual River Rally Cleanup and Environmental Expo on Saturday, September 18, from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. behind the shopping center at 18386 Soledad Canyon Road. Those interested in participating...
After taking a two-year sabbatical, the SCV Music Festival returns outdoors once again to the Southern California Innovation Park (formerly Mann Biomedical Park). A sold-out event since inception, this year promises to be the most exciting to date, with 40 rotating...
SCV 40 Under Forty Nominations Closing September 10! Nominee Mixer to be held tentatively October 13
In a world where struggle and conflict have become the norm, Santa Clarita stands out as a community of givers, doers and leaders who laid the groundwork for an incredibly special place to raise a family. Yet Santa Clarita is also facing a crossroads. As one...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.