Five Tips for Editing Your Diet
1. The CDC suggests ordering the smaller portion wherever possible (i.e. the pint vs the quart of Kung Pao chicken), sharing meals with a friend or wrapping up half your meal from the get-go. These strategies probably works best with higher quality meals that don’t excite your appetites like a Extra Value Meal from McD’s (see tip #5).
2. Try not ordering a meal for yourself the next time you go out to a restaurant. In order to avoid being branded a mooch, explain your experiment to your meal-mates and get their approval first. Offer to offset the bill. Oftentimes, people either leave a big portion on their plates or eat that extra amount because they don’t want it to go to waste. By taking a portion of their food, you are helping keep their portions sane as well.
3. Join the “Small Plate Movement.” Seriously, there’s a movement, which, as the name suggests, promotes using small plates to affect dietary habits. One challenge they offer is to eat off of a 10 inch plate for a month. One case study they cite found that people ate 53% more snack mix when their bowl was bigger.
4. You don’t need to be stuffed to be nourished. Many of us don’t consider a meal over until we feel uncomfortably full. Experiment with stopping short of that feeling. Eating fiber-rich foods like greens and other veggies help you feel fuller faster, without the bloat.
5. Cut out junk food. It’s kinda obvious, but poor quality food is worse than poor design. You just don’t need it.
ADVERTISE WITH US
A car is just a car, right? Of course not. Most car buyers recognize that there are different levels of value among different makes, models and trim levels. A $500 clunker might get you from Point A to Point B — for a little while. But soon, the repair bills...
Dr. Slide-Door understands a busy schedule. That’s why we are happy to work around yours. Book an inspection of your sliding glass door at your earliest convenience and we will come deliver your estimate in person free of charge. Whether your door is modern...
We at Preferred Glass & Windows work with more than just glass and mirrors; we also install and replace doors, windows, showers and tubs as well as storefronts. Finding Your VibeGlass and mirrors can be used to make any space look modern and...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.