The Rains Are Coming! We have been warned
We know we are in a drought but remember the pouring rain that comes occasionally and unexpectedly, especially during winter? Well, we suggest being prepared for it by cleaning, repairing, and protecting your gutters.
To keep that rain water flowing away from your home rather than into it, it’s important to ensure the drainage system is clean and working properly. You can even protect your gutters with mesh guards to keep debris from causing blockage.
Things you can do to stave off any water intrusion:
1. Clean out rain gutters and down spouts.
2. Check yard drains. Put a hose at the farthest drain and let it run for 15 minutes. If it fills up you need to get it cleared.
3. Check roof for missing shingles, cracks in mastic and fix it now.
4. Check for cracks, holes in painted or stucco surfaces. Fill as needed.
5. Clean out weep hole in window drains.
6. Clear dirt away from house, especially in planters.
7. Look around yard to make sure the natural drainage path has not been altered so water will flow naturally if drains are not adequate. *Car batteries that are weak seem to go dead in the rainy season so have it checked out so you won’t be stuck in the rain.
Inspired by any of these ideas, or want to think up more? Give us a call and let’s brainstorm! Call Randal Winter if you have any questions at 661-799-8089.
Randal G. Winter Construction, Inc. is located at 28348 Constellation Road, Suite 810 in Santa Clarita. Please visit our website at: www.rgwinter.com
ADVERTISE WITH US
Oh, my goodness it’s going to be difficult to keep up with all the non-profit activities this month! October is just buzzing with fund-raising! Not only are there events that you can attend, but there are countless businesses in the Santa Clarita Valley giving back...read more
Bridge to Home, the primary homeless services provider in the Santa Clarita Valley, is hosting their premier fundraiser, Soup for the Soul – Sera in Italia, on Saturday, October 12, at 6 p.m. at Bella Vida, located at 27180 Golden Valley Road. The community is...read more
Circle of Hope’s beloved annual Afternoon Tea returns October 12, to the Hyatt Regency Valencia! In concert with the nonprofit’s year-long anniversary celebration, event organizers are bringing back themes from the Tea’s previous fourteen years, providing guests with...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.