Join the Relay for Life Family
With the New Year upon us, many people are making resolutions to live a healthier, happier 2016. Among their plans are eating more nutritiously, getting regular exercise, and getting involved in causes that serve their communities and benefit humankind. The “Official Sponsor of Birthdays,” the American Cancer Society provides plentiful prospects for making these well-intentioned blueprints a reality, as well as becoming active participants in the fight against cancer.
Relay For Life is at the top of this opportunity list.
An annual outdoor team-walking fundraiser, the ACS Santa Clarita Valley Unit’s Relay For Life will be held from 9 a.m. on Saturday, May 21 to 9 a.m. on Sunday, May 22 at Central Park in Saugus. Rich in camaraderie, Relay features a variety of activities for all ages:
• A cheered-on Survivor First Lap that celebrates victory over cancer. Caregivers are also celebrated for the love and support they give their family and friends who are facing cancer
• Food, live music, games/fun activities, cancer and health information, and raffles offering a large array of great items
• An evening Luminaria Ceremony remembering those who have died from cancer, and honoring persons who have fought cancer or are in treatment. A highly emotional sight is the hundreds of pre-purchased and personalized/decorated luminaria bags in which individual candles are aglow. The bags, placed around the Relay track, are shining tributes to those affected by cancer.
• The Fight Back ceremony, which inspires Relay participants to take action in the battle against cancer
• Sunday morning breakfast and closing ceremonies with recognition of everyone’s efforts and the highest dollar-raising teams. Monies raised enable the nationwide non-profit to continue its cutting-edge cancer research, education, advocacy and free services.
“Sponsorships and team building are key to making Relay a win-win for all,” said Betsy Keesler, Relay 2016 event chair.
“I’d like to engage companies in Santa Clarita in becoming sponsors and building teams,” Keesler said. “Our SCV Relay is the third largest Relay in California with more than 2,000 participants, 4,000 in attendance, and it has raised more than $5 million for the American Cancer Society.”
Sponsorships offer many plusses, Keesler noted. Among them are: banners and track signs at the event, logos on the Relay website and posters, program acknowledgement, tax benefits, and last but not least, the comradeship derived from employees/teams participating in the fight against cancer.
To learn more about how you can support Relay For Life visit: www.scvrelay.org. In addition to Relay sponsorships and teams, volunteers and donors are also sought. To reach our local ACS office call 661-298-0886 option 3.
ADVERTISE WITH US
The Santa Clarita Magazine is officially 30-years of age and we feel the love! As we turn our focus to the loved ones in our lives in this month of Valentines, we would like to take this opportunity to thank our very loyal advertisers, community partners and, of...
A Knight of Royals at Bella Vida on February 29 Santa Clarita Magazine is proud to feature the SCV Senior Center’s Celebrity Waiter event. This year’s cover features the King and Queen (Winston and Pansy Greene) of this year’s theme – A Knight of Royals. Winston and...
The 8th Annual Santa Clarita Valley Charity Chili Cook-off is set to feature 40 amateur chefs to compete for the most prestigious awards of the event.The organizers are looking for sponsors and chili cooker contestants. The event will take place at 6 p.m. on...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.