Alternative Ways to Improve Your Sleep and Manage Insomnia
Millions of Americans are suffering from lack of sleep, or falling to sleep. Here is some advice to help you start a good night sleep. Following the principles every night helps you manage a peaceful sleep and wake up rested.
What are some alternative ways to manage insomnia?
• Don’t watch television before bed, or while trying to fall asleep.
• Don’t eat right before going to bed; have a light snack if you are hungry.
• Sleep in a dark and quiet room at a cool temperature; try using a fan or other machine that will provide white noise to help you fall asleep.
• Try relaxation techniques while lying in a bed
• Reflect on attitudes and belief about sleep
• Avoid taking long afternoon naps
• Keep a sleep log
• Get up at a consistent time and go to bed at a consistent time.
• If you find that you cannot fall asleep within 30 minutes, try reading or another quiet activity until you become sleepy
• Exercise each day, but not before bedtime
• Limit or eliminate alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, especially within four hours of bedtime
• Get into a bedtime routine in preparing for bedtime
• Wear something comfortable to bed
To seek further help call Valencia Medical Center at 661-222-9117.
ADVERTISE WITH US
It’s crazy how quickly life can change. Over the course of the past month, our day-to-day lives were suddenly turned upside down with the uncertainty COVID-19 has caused. We want to let you know that the entire team at the Santa Clarita Magazine is here for you...
For 47 years, May has heralded in the much-anticipated Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo “Drive Safe” Golf Classic, the largest annual fundraising event for Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital. Held at Valencia Country Club, the event raises upwards of $300,000 for...
Robert M. Parker1943--2020 Our community suffered a huge loss in March, when our dear friend Robert M. Parker passed away after a long illness.Bob, as he preferred to be called, was a true hospital champion and an engaged Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital Foundation...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.