Alternative Ways to Improve Your Sleep and Manage Insomnia
Millions of Americans are suffering from lack of sleep, or falling to sleep. Here is some advice to help you start a good night sleep. Following the principles every night helps you manage a peaceful sleep and wake up rested.
What are some alternative ways to manage insomnia?
• Don’t watch television before bed, or while trying to fall asleep.
• Don’t eat right before going to bed; have a light snack if you are hungry.
• Sleep in a dark and quiet room at a cool temperature; try using a fan or other machine that will provide white noise to help you fall asleep.
• Try relaxation techniques while lying in a bed
• Reflect on attitudes and belief about sleep
• Avoid taking long afternoon naps
• Keep a sleep log
• Get up at a consistent time and go to bed at a consistent time.
• If you find that you cannot fall asleep within 30 minutes, try reading or another quiet activity until you become sleepy
• Exercise each day, but not before bedtime
• Limit or eliminate alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, especially within four hours of bedtime
• Get into a bedtime routine in preparing for bedtime
• Wear something comfortable to bed
To seek further help call Valencia Medical Center at 661-222-9117.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Oh, my goodness it’s going to be difficult to keep up with all the non-profit activities this month! October is just buzzing with fund-raising! Not only are there events that you can attend, but there are countless businesses in the Santa Clarita Valley giving back...read more
Bridge to Home, the primary homeless services provider in the Santa Clarita Valley, is hosting their premier fundraiser, Soup for the Soul – Sera in Italia, on Saturday, October 12, at 6 p.m. at Bella Vida, located at 27180 Golden Valley Road. The community is...read more
Circle of Hope’s beloved annual Afternoon Tea returns October 12, to the Hyatt Regency Valencia! In concert with the nonprofit’s year-long anniversary celebration, event organizers are bringing back themes from the Tea’s previous fourteen years, providing guests with...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.