Sharing Positivity During Spring
Spring has arrived, and it is a time of change. Renewal, regrowth, and rejuvenation permeate. Holidays like Easter and Passover arrive with their themes of redemption and rebirth. Spring break and spring-cleaning are phrases that have become a part of our vernacular and arouse thoughts that something is coming. Spring is different.
For a number of reasons spring, a 90-day period, is filled with positive attitudes and energy. It is time to take this moment in the year as a “spring” board for change and growth. It has been said that, spiritual growth is directly proportional to ones willingness to inconvenience oneself. This inconvenience is a commitment to actively change. Too often we pay lip service to change and make excused, real or fantasy, which will prolong that change. Below is a clear plan of action to be taken over the course of the next three months to help realize a renewed positivity and rejuvenated attitude.
1. Make a 90 Day Commitment to develop positive, excited and enthusiastic attitude.
2. Take a few minutes everyday and give yourself a pep-talk about becoming a more positive, dynamic person.
3. Take a few minutes everyday and dream how great it is to be totally positive and how wonderful it is to be successful and happy.
4. Go and add a positive attitude to your work environment.
5. Don’t say anything Negative/Critical about anyone for the next 30 days.
6. Look for everyone’s good qualities.
7. Spend time each week reading a biography of a successful person you respect and admire.
8. Make time to be with your family and have fun together.
9. Start making a list of all the things you are thankful for – health, spouse, children, opportunity, etc….
10. Everyday tell someone (other than your family) you love, appreciate, and admire them.
For more information about Congregation Beth Shalom go to www.cbs-scv.org or call 661-254-2411.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Excitement is Building as we Roll Toward the Amgen Tour of California! Advocating for our bicycling community is important to me and our City is committed to continuing to provide a wonderful cycling experience. Santa Clarita is fortunate to have miles of...read more
How Do You Celebrate the Fourth of July? Send us your best photo submissions for a chance to be featured in print
Whether your neighbors meet in the street for a good ol’ fashioned block party or you throw a small, patriotic backyard bash, the Fourth of July is a time to celebrate being together in honor of this beautiful country. Barbecues, fireworks and all manner of red,...read more
Take Me Out to the Ballgame Santa Clarita Dodger Day! A monthly message from the City Manager Ken Striplin
If the eight homerun, record-breaking season opener was any indication of what the Dodgers have in store for us this year – you will not want to miss Santa Clarita Dodger Day. This family-friendly event is one of the longest running in our community. At 42 years...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
The Magazine of Santa Clarita has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 25 years. A family owned and operated business, The Magazine of Santa Clarita has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1989 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.