A Message from Dr. Craig Helm
At Helm Vision Group, it is our mission to provide compassionate patient care, with your health and safety being our number one priority. As is our current practice, we are actively maintaining a clean office environment, with special measures to ensure your safety in light of news surrounding COVID-19.
What We Are Doing:
• We provide hand sanitizer that is available to all employees and patients, and encourage everyone to utilize it often
• We thoroughly disinfect each room, machine, tool, and exam chair after each use
• All employees wash their hands in between each patient encounter
• We are ensuring that all present employees at work are in good health
• We are conducting verbal screenings to determine if rescheduling an appointment is necessary
– If a patient is feeling unwell or has returned from a high-risk area within the past 14 days and has a non-urgent reason for his or her visit, we will ask to reschedule the appointment.
– If a patient is feeling unwell or has returned from a high-risk area within the past 14 days but needs to be seen for an urgent reason, we will make special accommodations to see the patient in a reserved room, with minimal to no contact with other patients to safeguard everyone’s well-being.
During this outbreak, we ask that you keep your appointments as our office is maintaining normal operation hours. However, if you have any flu symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, fatigue, and shortness of breath), we ask that you stay home to recover and help minimize the spread of germs to others around you. If you cannot make it to your appointment for any reason, please let us know in advance so we can reschedule your visit.
How You Can Remain Vigilant:
• Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds
• Use hand sanitizer when washing your hands is not an option
• Avoid touching your face, namely your eyes, mouth, and nose
• If possible, avoid close contact with those who are sick
• If you have to cough or sneeze, do so into a tissue – if a tissue is not available, direct your cough or sneeze into your inner elbow
• If you are experiencing a runny nose, sore throat, or cough, wear a mask when around others or out in public to help limit the spread of germs
• If you are experiencing any illness, please remain home whenever possible
For further information on COVID-19 and to see what eye care professionals are doing to help ensure patient safety, please refer to https://www.aao.org/headline/alert-important-coronavirus-context.
Your health and safety is top-of-mind, and we remain committed to servicing your vision needs responsibly. From all of us at Helm Vision Group, we appreciate your trust and patience during this time.
For more information, please call Helm Vision at 661-259-3937.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Circle of Hope Continues To Offer Cancer Support and Services Amid Covid-19 Crisis, Seeks Community Support
March 27, 2020 | Santa Clarita, Ca. –In keeping the health and best interests of cancer patients, survivors and Circle of Hope staff in mind, Circle of Hope has temporarily suspended services out of their office and Wellness Center in Newhall. The organization...
We Are In This Together!First and foremost, our wish is for good health to you and your family. Our hearts and thoughts go out to all the Santa Clarita Valley as our community tries to navigate through these challenging times due to the COVID-19. Our team has...
Assemblywoman Christy Smith (D-Santa Clarita) released the following statement upon her vote to pass emergency funds to address our current public health crisis:“Today, my Assembly colleagues and I took swift, decisive action to meet the unprecedented...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.