HOW TO VOTE ON NOVEMBER 3, 2020
Vote in Person
Vote on Election Day
All registered voters in California will receive a ballot by mail. However, in-person voting locations will be available to voters. Polling locations may be found online by visiting the Secretary of State’s My Voter Status tool.
California voters can also vote before Election Day. The early voting period runs from Monday, October 5, 2020 to Monday, November 2, 2020, but dates and hours may vary based on where you live. Early voting and vote-by-mail ballot drop off locations may be found on the Secretary of State’s Early Voting website.
What to bring
• If you’ve voted in California before, you don’t need to show ID.
• If you’re a first-time voter who registered by mail, and didn’t include your driver’s license number, California ID number, or the last 4 digits of your Social Security number on your registration, you may be asked to provide ID when you vote. Acceptable forms include: copy of a recent utility bill, the sample ballot booklet you received from your county elections office or another document sent to you by a government agency, a US passport, driver license, official state identification card, or student identification card showing your name and photograph.
• Voters without ID: If you are unable to provide ID, you will be able to vote a provisional ballot.
Who can vote
To register in California you must:
• be a United States citizen
• be a resident of California
• be at least 18 years old or older on Election Day
• not be currently in state or federal prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony
• not be currently found to be mentally incompetent to vote by a court
Vote by mail
All registered voters will be sent a vote-by-mail ballot for the November 3, 2020 General Election. Registered voters do not have to apply for a vote-by-mail ballot for this election.
1. Fill out your ballot
2. After you have voted, insert your ballot in the envelope provided, making sure you complete all required information on the envelope.
3. You may return your voted ballot by mail, in person, or to a drop box
• If you are returning your ballot by mail, it must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received by your county elections office no later than 17 days after Election Day.
• If you are returning your ballot in person or dropping it in a drop box, it must be delivered no later than the close of polls at 8:00 p.m. on November 3rd.
• Anyone may return your ballot for you, as long as they do not get paid on a per ballot basis. In order for your ballot to be counted, you must fill out the authorization section found on the outside of your ballot envelope.
On (or before!) Nov. 3, 2020, you won’t just be casting your vote for president. In California, there are 12 ballot propositions that voters will be asked to consider.
But many of the ballot measures are dense and, at times, confusing. To help you sort out where you stand, we’ve put together a guide to the 2020 propositions in California. See the following pages.
ADVERTISE WITH US
I really love our cover this month! It always amazes me how creative our non-profits can be. From Afternoon Tea with Circle of Hope to a delicious Chili Cook-Off benefitting FeedSCV and the Wish Foundation, to Soroptimist International Valencia, or gorgeous...
Are you ready for a Partea? Circle of Hope will be hosting its 17th Annual Tea celebration on October 9, 2021, at 11:00 am, held at the Hyatt Regency Valencia. This is a tea party you won’t want to miss!This year’s theme, EVERY DAY’S A HOLIDAY! will celebrate...
On October 23, 2021, the women of Soroptimist International of Valencia will present their annual breast cancer awareness fundraiser, “Bras for a Cause.” The event, titled “Wanderlust,” will support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Now in its 18th year, the...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.