What Are You Not Hearing?
When it comes to hearing loss, people are often confused because silence is easy to ignore. It is also easy to dismiss an inability to hear on a phone or in a crowded restaurant as being an isolated incident.
May is Better Hearing & Speech Month, a time to raise awareness about communication disorders and available treatment options that can improve the quality of life for those who experience problems speaking or hearing.
The truth is that hearing loss occurs at different levels, so not being able to hear in certain situations can be a sign of hearing loss.
Here are some questions than can help determine your hearing health:
1. Do you have a problem hearing on the telephone?
2. Do you have trouble hearing when there is noise in the background?
3. Do you have to strain to understand a conversation?
4. Do a lot of people seem to mumble or not speak clearly?
5. Do you often misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
6. Do you often ask people to repeat themselves?
7. Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
8. Do you often hear a ringing, roaring or hissing sound?
9. Do some sounds seem too loud?
10. Do you have trouble understanding when women or children speak?
If you answer “yes” to three or more of these questions, you could have a hearing problem and should make an appointment to have your hearing evaluated.
When you’re ready, schedule an appointment at Nola Aronson’s Advanced Audiology by calling 661-250-6781 or visiting www.scvadvancedaudiology.com during Better Speech & Hearing Month!
Don’t miss out on any of the sounds of your life!
ADVERTISE WITH US
I really love our cover this month! It always amazes me how creative our non-profits can be. From Afternoon Tea with Circle of Hope to a delicious Chili Cook-Off benefitting FeedSCV and the Wish Foundation, to Soroptimist International Valencia, or gorgeous...
Are you ready for a Partea? Circle of Hope will be hosting its 17th Annual Tea celebration on October 9, 2021, at 11:00 am, held at the Hyatt Regency Valencia. This is a tea party you won’t want to miss!This year’s theme, EVERY DAY’S A HOLIDAY! will celebrate...
On October 23, 2021, the women of Soroptimist International of Valencia will present their annual breast cancer awareness fundraiser, “Bras for a Cause.” The event, titled “Wanderlust,” will support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Now in its 18th year, the...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.