Fun Facts About Volvo
1. The seatbelt was invented by Volvo, about 50 years ago, which the company deliberately did not patent. The company felt that the safety that it would provide to all car owners across the world more than makes up for it.
2. The company was officially founded on 14 April 1927. The first Volvo car was called the “Jakob” and was manufactured in 1927.
3. The Volvo 200 series was released in 1974 and the 6-cylinder version followed soon after.
4. In Latin, Volvo means “I roll” and the name was originally registered for a ball bearing company in the year 1911. This was meant to be a separate company that SKF had created. This plan was scrapped and the name was used for the car manufacturing unit and what an apt one it was!
5. In 1999, Volvo was added along with Aston Martin and Jaguar to the Ford Prestige Auto Group. The company was sold in 2010 to the Zhejiang Geely Holding Group which was a Chinese company.
6. The first production car to have a laminated windscreen was the Volvo PV444.
7. In the first half of the 1980’s most of the chrome finish on the 240 series was painted black to lend it a sportier look. Some averred that it looked very down market.
8. All the luxurious Volvo models were outfitted with the V6 engine that was also popularly called the PRV engine after Peugeot, Renault and Volvo – these three companies collectively designed the engine.
9. The Volvo truck assembly started in 1974 in Ghent.
10. The first Volvo truck model that was produced was the Volvo Amazon.
For more information about Volvo contact Valencia Volvo at 661-298-2784 or go to www.valenciavolvo.com.
ADVERTISE WITH US
We can’t tell you how happy we are to be featuring three actual live events on our cover - it’s been a while! Kicking us off on June 5 is SCV Veg Fest. We just love the energy of this group of individuals, they inspire us with their passion! We hope you will...
Santa Clarita’s vegan-themed food, beer, wine, & music festival announces its heavy-hitter vendor lineup for the 2021 festival. The Veg Fest is set to take place on Saturday, June 5th at Blomgren Ranch, deep in the heart of Canyon Country. The Veg Fest offers its...
Bella Notte at Bella Vida - An Italian Night Under the StarsThe SCV Senior Center Celebrity Waiter Co-Chairs Erika Kauzlarich-Bird and Elizabeth Hopp are proud to announce the theme for this year’s event on July 17, 2021 at Bella Vida.Celebrity Waiter is the...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.