10 Reasons to Visit Old Town Newhall
If you are seeking a truly unique Santa Clarita experience filled with shopping, culture, arts and entertainment for the entire family, look no further than Old Town Newhall, the City’s premier Arts and Entertainment District. Old Town Newhall is the place to be, offering something for everyone – from the foodie who is seeking the best BBQ in town, to the mother who is shopping for a special gift.
A must-visit spot for tourists and a popular local hangout, these are the top ten reasons you should check out Old Town Newhall for a day or night of fun:
1. The Shopping Experience: Shops on and around Main Street in Old Town Newhall offer the latest fashions, one-of-a-kind gifts and handcrafted goodies. The stores you’ll come across range from quaint mom-and-pop shops to trendy boutiques, and sell everything from vintage jewelry, comic books, handcrafted soaps and home décor – to the hottest trends of the season in clothing and accessories.
2. Delicious Dining Options: There is no shortage of great food in Old Town Newhall. From a curated dining experience to a quick snack or meal, you will find some of Los Angeles County’s best eateries.
3. You Can Sip Happy: Whether you are craving handmade wines, craft beer, pressed juices, or delicious coffee, Old Town Newhall is the place to go to discover pubs, wine bars and coffee shops that offer both a beautiful setting and a unique experience for your sipping satisfaction!
4. The Sweet Treats Can’t Be Beat: Old Town Newhall is more than full meals and craft beverages. You’ll also find some of the best cupcakes, muffins and cookies that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
5. Newhall is Rich in History: Old Town Newhall is Santa Clarita’s oldest neighborhood and has a rich history. Come experience it by visiting the Western Walk of Stars, the William S. Hart Museum, Heritage Junction and much more!
6. There’s Always Something to Do: With theater venues like The MAIN and Canyon Theatre Guild, and the free Thursdays@Newhall series, which transforms Main Street into an epic block party, you will find unrivaled entertainment options all year long that will hopefully come back soon.
7. The Arts are Alive: Main Street is lined with beautiful murals, art galleries and public athere are a number of studios in the area that offer fun painting or arts and crafts classes.
8. You Can Take A Stroll Through History: The Newhall Walking Tour app, which you can download for free on your smartphone, takes you on a journey through the historic sites and various film locations in Old Town Newhall. From your favorite family-friendly puppet movie to the hottest crime scene dramas, Old Town Newhall is a regular star on the big and small screen.
9. Getting Here is Easy: With many local bus stops and a Metrolink station in the area, Old Town Newhall is an easy place to get to! If you’re driving, there’s plenty of parking options available. You can park at the city-owned parking structure located on 9th Street between Railroad Avenue and Main Street, on Main Street, at the Community Center, the Old Town Newhall Library or other private lots – parking has never been easier!
10. The New: The highly anticipated Laemmle Theatre is now open! This family-owned art house movie theater will provides seven screens of foreign films, film festival award winners and classic movies. The Newhall Crossings mixed use project is also currently in construction, and will provide 47 residential units and over 20,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space. To learn more about Old Town Newhall, visit www.OldTownNewhall.com.
ADVERTISE WITH US
On television dramas, divorce lawyers are often seen divvying up marital assets and hammering out high-conflict custody arrangements around a conference table or in court. That is only PARTIALLY true. If your lawyer is truly “The Best”, his or her role extends far...
We were deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Adele Macpherson on August 8, 2021. She was such a powerful, but gentle force in the Santa Clarita Valley, never the one who looked for the limelight, she was the person who just got things done without fuss....
Calling all golf lovers, businesses, and community supporters! The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Foundation is excited to announce the 1st Annual SCV Sheriff’s Station Golf Tournament (formerly known as SCV Sheriff’s Foundation & Search & Rescue Tournament)...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.