Summer Hearing Aid Care
Summer means warmer weather, lazy days on the beach, and an increase in hearing aid troubles!
Moisture is the culprit for many hearing aid problems — excessive moisture due to high humidity and sweat can cause distortion, static and a host of other problems. To help avoid the time and expense of a manufacturer repair, follow these tips:
• Leave your hearing device’s battery door open at night to allow air to circulate and dry it out.
• Purchase a hearing aid dehumidifier, a Dri-Aid Kit, or a Dry and Store Box — they are inexpensive, simple to use, and provide a handy storage spot.
• If you perspire heavily, take a moment to remove your hearing aids and wipe off excess moisture with a tissue.
• If you wear behind-the-ear hearing aids, consider a moisture guard.
• Avoid leaving your hearing aids in direct sunlight, glove compartments or environments where excessive heat can build up.
• If your hearing aid isn’t working and you suspect a moisture problem, do not attempt to dry it in the microwave or with a hair dryer; moisture will often evaporate on its own if the device is left open to dry.
For a limited time, get 50% off Dri-Aid kits with UV disinfectant light included. ($125 value!)
Call the hearing experts at Nola Aronson’s Advanced Audiology at 661-250-6781 or by visiting www.scvadvancedaudiology.com for help selecting the right hearing aid for your individual needs, lifestyle, and budget.
ADVERTISE WITH US
I really love our cover this month! It always amazes me how creative our non-profits can be. From Afternoon Tea with Circle of Hope to a delicious Chili Cook-Off benefitting FeedSCV and the Wish Foundation, to Soroptimist International Valencia, or gorgeous...
Are you ready for a Partea? Circle of Hope will be hosting its 17th Annual Tea celebration on October 9, 2021, at 11:00 am, held at the Hyatt Regency Valencia. This is a tea party you won’t want to miss!This year’s theme, EVERY DAY’S A HOLIDAY! will celebrate...
On October 23, 2021, the women of Soroptimist International of Valencia will present their annual breast cancer awareness fundraiser, “Bras for a Cause.” The event, titled “Wanderlust,” will support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Now in its 18th year, the...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.