Something New at SRD Straightening Reins

Something New at SRD Straightening Reins

Something New at SRD Straightening Reins SRD Straightening Reins is so excited to share with you another fabulous event! We are starting the new year off right with our latest event, Love at the Ranch on February 8 from 6-9pm. This will be a special dinner for couples...
SRD Straightening Reins A Tribute to Belle

SRD Straightening Reins A Tribute to Belle

SRD Straightening Reins A Tribute to Belle There is an expression at SRD Straightening Reins, “our rescued animals rescue our kids” and Belle was one of those beautiful white spotted mares who worked to help children and their families lessen their stress and anxiety....
Saugus Strong

Saugus Strong

On Thursday, November 14th, 2019, the Santa Clarita community was rocked to its core by one of the city’s most horrifying events to date. After a 16-year-old student opened fire on the campus of Saugus High School, it did not take long for authorities to respond to...
JCI Santa Clarita’s Santa’s Helpers

JCI Santa Clarita’s Santa’s Helpers

JCI Santa Clarita’s Santa’s Helpers Calling all elves! Christmas is just around the corner and Santa needs your help! JCI Santa Clarita, affectionately known as the Jaycees, has kicked off their annual holiday project – Santa’s Helpers – which provides an...
Holiday at the Ranch SRD Straightening Reins

Holiday at the Ranch SRD Straightening Reins

Holiday at the Ranch SRD Straightening Reins  SRD Straightening Reins is happy to announce that the Foundation has moved to a new seven-acre ranch in Castaic. This new home allows SRD to grow its programs, has a great pasture where its herd can run and the new site...
Exciting Holiday Lineup at COC

Exciting Holiday Lineup at COC

Exciting Holiday Lineup at COC With the holiday season just around the corner, the College of the Canyons School of Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) has an exciting lineup of shows that are sure to delight family and friends of all ages well into the next year. On...
CBD Quality Knowledge is Key

CBD Quality Knowledge is Key

CBD Quality Knowledge is Key  A study conducted by Penn State University verified that 70 percent of all CBD products are mislabeled and don’t contain the amount of CBD suggested on the label. When you buy CBD you are paying for the amount of CBD in the product. If...
The World-Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra

The World-Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra

The World-Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra Join them as they swing into the Santa Clarita Valley for a special one-night-only event to be held at West Ranch High School. Save the date on Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 7 p.m. to see the most sought-after big band in the world...
Waiting for Joy

Waiting for Joy

Waiting for Joy  I am a new grandparent and I am amazed at the change life has brought. My youngest daughter is 23 and you quickly forget what it’s like to have a baby in your life. There was great expectation when her parents told us they were expecting and thrills...
Archery Range at Oaktree Gun Club

Archery Range at Oaktree Gun Club

Archery Range at Oaktree Gun Club After being in the shooting business for over 35 years, in 2013, our shooting venues were expanded to include archery. We have a large selection of bows to rent, including both recurve and compound bows. Our course features targets’...
Tick Fire

Tick Fire

Tick Fire  In late October, the Tick Fire devastated parts of Canyon Country and surrounding areas, leaving 22 structures destroyed in its wake. Caused by severe Santa Ana winds, the fire took about a week to reach full containment, and in the aftermath of the fire’s...
SCV Senior Center Celebrity Waiter Dinner

SCV Senior Center Celebrity Waiter Dinner

SCV Senior Center Celebrity Waiter Dinner  The Santa Clarita Magazine is once again pleased to sponsor the SCV Senior Center’s Celebrity Waiter! Co-Chairs Amanda Benson and Julie Sturgeon are proud to announce the theme for this year’s event on February 29, 2020 at...
Family Tradition Our Winner!

Family Tradition Our Winner!

Family Tradition Our Winner! If you have read anything I have written personally, then you know family is a constant theme in my stories. I mean essentially, family is where I get the basis of all of my stories. Many of them have been passed down through cooking, just...
J.R.’s Comedy Club Invites You to Join Them

J.R.’s Comedy Club Invites You to Join Them

J.R.’s Comedy Club Invites You to Join Them  J.R.’s Comedy Club has been bringing world class Comedy entertainment to the SCV for the last 22 years. Comedy greats like Dana Carvey, Shawn Wayons, Elayne Boosler, Emo Philips, and Bobby Collins have graced our stage. We...
Celebrating 5 Years of Supporting Kids

Celebrating 5 Years of Supporting Kids

Celebrating 5 Years of Supporting Kids What started as a business project for an 8th grader in the Young Entrepreneurs Academy has blossomed into a nationwide organization known as S.T.R.E.A.M. Over the past 5 years, since its inception, founder Niamani Knight and...
Auditions Now Open Innovation Show Choir

Auditions Now Open Innovation Show Choir

Auditions Now Open Innovation Show Choir  The Innovation Show Choir has built a reputation as the premier community-based youth performing ensemble in the greater Santa Clarita area. The ISC is a dynamic, and entertaining group of talented young people who perform...
Tell Me Something Good – Dec 2019

Tell Me Something Good – Dec 2019

Tell Me Something Good – Dec 2019  Join in sharing good news, positive actions and accomplishments of the wonderful residents of our community. What was inspired by a local radio station bit, has turned into month after month of highlighting so truly fantastic...