If you have curly hair, you know how overwhelming curly hair maintenance can be. The key is understanding your specific curl and adapting your regimen to fit the needs of your hair. As an ever-evolving hair type, curly hair advocates have recently been garnering more attention to empower women to rock their natural curls confidently. Sometimes that curly hair confidence can be found in a simple curly hair cut or some tips that will allow you to better understand and manage your hair. In a salon, you can get a deva curl curly girl hair cut to shape and manage the ends, also a monthly salon treatment helps replenish moisture and keeps the curls bouncy. At home, you can…
1. Use a satin pillow case. Satin is a lot softer and smoother and won’t cause any friction or roughness to your hair.
2. Keep your hair moisturized. Moisture is everything for curly hair. Make sure that you use hair masks and deep conditioners as a part of your hair care regimen. A leave-in conditioner can help you to keep your hair manageable, soft and frizz-free. Make sure that at least once a week you deep condition with Hair in Heaven.
3. Use a wide tooth comb. Tangles can be frustrating and can cause damage to your hair as you tug and pull. We suggest using a wide-tooth comb on your curly locks while you’re conditioning in the shower. Most curly girls use their fingers but, in some cases, that’s just not enough and a wide tooth comb does just the trick.
4. Don’t touch your curls once they are dry. We know this one is hard, especially after you’ve been taking care of your locks. But the continual touching (and tugging) of your locks can cause your hair to become dry and frizzy. So, hands off once dry!
5. Use the right hair care products. Choose hair products that are specific to curly hair types. Deva Curl products are specifically designed and created to make your curly hair even more awesome.
They have broken down the line into three segments one for finer wavy hair called Delight, another for medium to thick curly hair (this one is for most of the curly girls) called Deva Curl, the last is designed for super curly, dry, or thirsty curls called Decadence. Each segment has a no-poo or low poo, and one conditioner. What makes them different is the amount of moisture in each segment. This curl-specific line is designed to clean and nourish your hair, making your locks more manageable and defined.
All Deva Curl Products are on Sale for 25 percent off the month of January and February when you mention this article. Get more tips on how to care for curly hair at your appointment for your deva cut at our Salon. Lavish Salon is Located at 25269 N. The Old Road Suite K in Stevenson Ranch.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Oh, my goodness it’s going to be difficult to keep up with all the non-profit activities this month! October is just buzzing with fund-raising! Not only are there events that you can attend, but there are countless businesses in the Santa Clarita Valley giving back...read more
Bridge to Home, the primary homeless services provider in the Santa Clarita Valley, is hosting their premier fundraiser, Soup for the Soul – Sera in Italia, on Saturday, October 12, at 6 p.m. at Bella Vida, located at 27180 Golden Valley Road. The community is...read more
Circle of Hope’s beloved annual Afternoon Tea returns October 12, to the Hyatt Regency Valencia! In concert with the nonprofit’s year-long anniversary celebration, event organizers are bringing back themes from the Tea’s previous fourteen years, providing guests with...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.