Ten fun facts About Volvo
2. The company was officially founded on 14 April 1927. The first Volvo car was called the “Jakob” and was manufactured in 1927.
3. The Volvo 200 series was released in 1974 and the 6-cylinder version followed soon after.
4. In Latin, Volvo means “I roll” and the name was originally registered for a ball bearing company in the year 1911. This was meant to be a separate company that SKF had created. This plan was scrapped and the name was used for the car manufacturing unit and what an apt one it was!
5. In 1999, Volvo was added along with Aston Martin and Jaguar to the Ford Prestige Auto Group. The company was sold in 2010 to the Zhejiang Geely Holding Group which was a Chinese company.
6. The first production car to have a laminated windscreen was the Volvo PV444.
7. In the first half of the 1980’s most of the chrome finish on the 240 series was painted black to lend it a sportier look. Some averred that it looked very down market.
8. All the luxurious Volvo models were outfitted with the V6 engine that was also popularly called the PRV engine after Peugeot, Renault and Volvo – these three companies collectively designed the engine.
9. The Volvo truck assembly started in 1974 in Ghent.
10. The first Volvo truck model that was produced was the Volvo Amazon.
For more information about Volvo contact Valencia Volvo at 661-298-2784 or go to www.valenciavolvo.com.
ADVERTISE WITH US
“Don’t separate yourself from the needy. Always try to be as close as you can and try to help people because that’s going to make your life more valuable.” - Yusuf / Cat Stevens It’s great to see some normalcy around town, it appears that we have now entered...
These last few months have been a roller coaster of emotions. We plunged into a pandemic the likes of which have not been seen for a century and endured weeks upon weeks of restrictions and uncertainty. Then just as the restrictions began to lift, the murder of...
It seems like many things in our lives have been flipped upside down in the past few months. However, work continues, as planned, on the two major projects within our Santa Clarita 2020 Strategic Plan. Throughout the Safer at Home order, construction projects...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.