Moving Forward in 2020 SRD Straightening Reins
\The SRD Straightening Reins Foundation has finally settled in its new home in Castaic. Excitement abounds for new programs being developed and those that are being expanded. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported, “…the suicide rate among Americans ages 10 to 24 jumped 56 percent between 2007 and 2017.” The Santa Clarita Valley has not gone untouched.
The mission of SRD is to support parents, adolescents and teens during their time of crisis and afterwards by offering tools for mental well-being and better communication within the family unit. Do not wait until you’re in crisis before reaching out. If you notice challenging behavior that you need support to deal with, there are healing solutions available NOW, accessible with just a telephone call.
Current programs are:
• Ranch Crew (3 days a week) – Youth develop leadership and communication skills while receiving hands on and experiential learning in a safe place to grow socially and emotionally.
• Parent Ranch Crew (monthly) – A time for the entire family to work together while bonding with our herd.
• Ongoing Private Sessions are available with an EAGALA certified equine specialist and trained mental health staff.
• SRD School Programs (weekly) – Focusing on site specific needs with the therapy herd visiting local school sites. We’re already visiting 3 high schools and 2 middle schools.
• Weekly Support Groups – Focused on parents who need help dealing with the needs of their children, in addition to a Saugus Strong Parent Group for those high school parents handling the family’s anxiety and feelings in the aftermath of our local tragedy.
Please reach out to Deborah Rocha, Executive Director 661-803-1641 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at https://srdstraighteningreins.org for a more detailed list of our programs.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Circle of Hope Continues To Offer Cancer Support and Services Amid Covid-19 Crisis, Seeks Community Support
March 27, 2020 | Santa Clarita, Ca. –In keeping the health and best interests of cancer patients, survivors and Circle of Hope staff in mind, Circle of Hope has temporarily suspended services out of their office and Wellness Center in Newhall. The organization...
We Are In This Together!First and foremost, our wish is for good health to you and your family. Our hearts and thoughts go out to all the Santa Clarita Valley as our community tries to navigate through these challenging times due to the COVID-19. Our team has...
Assemblywoman Christy Smith (D-Santa Clarita) released the following statement upon her vote to pass emergency funds to address our current public health crisis:“Today, my Assembly colleagues and I took swift, decisive action to meet the unprecedented...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.