Moving Forward in 2020 SRD Straightening Reins
\The SRD Straightening Reins Foundation has finally settled in its new home in Castaic. Excitement abounds for new programs being developed and those that are being expanded. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported, “…the suicide rate among Americans ages 10 to 24 jumped 56 percent between 2007 and 2017.” The Santa Clarita Valley has not gone untouched.
The mission of SRD is to support parents, adolescents and teens during their time of crisis and afterwards by offering tools for mental well-being and better communication within the family unit. Do not wait until you’re in crisis before reaching out. If you notice challenging behavior that you need support to deal with, there are healing solutions available NOW, accessible with just a telephone call.
Current programs are:
• Ranch Crew (3 days a week) – Youth develop leadership and communication skills while receiving hands on and experiential learning in a safe place to grow socially and emotionally.
• Parent Ranch Crew (monthly) – A time for the entire family to work together while bonding with our herd.
• Ongoing Private Sessions are available with an EAGALA certified equine specialist and trained mental health staff.
• SRD School Programs (weekly) – Focusing on site specific needs with the therapy herd visiting local school sites. We’re already visiting 3 high schools and 2 middle schools.
• Weekly Support Groups – Focused on parents who need help dealing with the needs of their children, in addition to a Saugus Strong Parent Group for those high school parents handling the family’s anxiety and feelings in the aftermath of our local tragedy.
Please reach out to Deborah Rocha, Executive Director 661-803-1641 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at https://srdstraighteningreins.org for a more detailed list of our programs.
ADVERTISE WITH US
The Santa Clarita Magazine is officially 30-years of age and we feel the love! As we turn our focus to the loved ones in our lives in this month of Valentines, we would like to take this opportunity to thank our very loyal advertisers, community partners and, of...
A Knight of Royals at Bella Vida on February 29 Santa Clarita Magazine is proud to feature the SCV Senior Center’s Celebrity Waiter event. This year’s cover features the King and Queen (Winston and Pansy Greene) of this year’s theme – A Knight of Royals. Winston and...
The 8th Annual Santa Clarita Valley Charity Chili Cook-off is set to feature 40 amateur chefs to compete for the most prestigious awards of the event.The organizers are looking for sponsors and chili cooker contestants. The event will take place at 6 p.m. on...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.