Ten Fun facts About Volvo
1. The seatbelt was invented by Volvo, about 50 years ago, which the company deliberately did not patent. The company felt that the safety that it would provide to all car owners across the world more than makes up for it.
2. The company was officially founded on 14 April 1927. The first Volvo car was called the “Jakob” and was manufactured in 1927.
3. The Volvo 200 series was released in 1974 and the 6-cylinder version followed soon after.
4. In Latin, Volvo means “I roll” and the name was originally registered for a ball bearing company in the year 1911. This was meant to be a separate company that SKF had created. This plan was scrapped and the name was used for the car manufacturing unit and what an apt one it was!
5. In 1999, Volvo was added along with Aston Martin and Jaguar to the Ford Prestige Auto Group. The company was sold in 2010 to the Zhejiang Geely Holding Group which was a Chinese company.
6. The first production car to have a laminated windscreen was the Volvo PV444.
7. In the first half of the 1980’s most of the chrome finish on the 240 series was painted black to lend it a sportier look. Some averred that it looked very down market.
8. All the luxurious Volvo models were outfitted with the V6 engine that was also popularly called the PRV engine after Peugeot, Renault and Volvo – these three companies collectively designed the engine.
9. The Volvo truck assembly started in 1974 in Ghent.
10. The first Volvo truck model that was produced was the Volvo Amazon.
For more information about Volvo contact Valencia Volvo at 661-298-2784 or go to www.valenciavolvo.com.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Is a minimally invasive solution to lift the mid face or neck without surgery. Silhouette InstaLift™ is a unique dual-action treatment that produces two desirable facial outcomes: an immediate lifting of the tissue in the mid-face area or neck and a gradual...
A mixture of kindness, courtesy, and professionalism makes superior customer service. Known as Santa Clarita’s premier dentists, Dr. Alexander Villar, Brandon Villar and their team combine creativity with excellent patient care. They are committed to helping...
… It is certainly important to recognize that these two viruses, influenza and coronavirus, are expected to coexist as we transition through fall and winter. While many have received their COVID vaccine of choice, allowing for a beneficial level of protection against...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.