Thinning Hair Tips
There are plenty of ways to hide thinning hair, lovelies. I’m sure you know wigs, weaves and extensions are ways for disguising thinning hair but, there are plenty of things you can do even if you’re not ready for such a big step! And whether your thinning problem is reversible or a result of genetics and/or age, there is a way to add hair volume.
1. Consider a Change of Color – Usually Darker shades of hair makes thinning more noticeable, which is why hairdressers usually advise a color change!
Simply go a shade or two lighter and/or highlight in the right sections and those areas where your scalp used to kind of peek through won’t be as noticeable as before.
2. Layer It – Disguising thinning hair or giving the illusion of volume to thin hair can be achieved with layers cut correctly.
3. Volumize – Although it gives great results, teasing as a popular volume-boosting method probably isn’t what you want to be doing day, after day. No need to risk further thinning, breakage and damage –Why not experiment with other ways to add hair volume such as thickening hair care and styling products?
4. Accessorize – But what if your thinning hair isn’t a result of age or genetics, but a completely reversible damage your hair had sustained through your wig or extension wearing habit, poor shampoo, harsh hair styling, and/or chemical treatments? Well, time to give your hair a break! Try braids, twists, up do’s or Fold your favorite scarf into a headband or invest in a few elasticized, quick-slip ones to have on the go and you’ll have a trendy interesting look to experiment with while growing out your edges.
5. Add Some Color – Scalp colors are another interesting, highly effective way to hide thinning hair and make those critical patched areas less noticeable. Don’t give up your beloved hair color – get a matching spray-on or powder for your hair to add volume.
6. Get Creative – Part your hair differently and experiment with hairstyles that can help make those critical areas less noticeable
7. Give Keratin Protein Fibers a Go – Last on my list of tips for disguising thinning hair is something you really must try! Try a professional Keratin Treatment a product containing keratin protein fibers! Lasts up to 12 weeks this product contains special protein fibers that attach themselves to your hair making it look thicker, fuller and more voluminous!
Nicole Ruggeri is by appointment only at 661-373-4234 and Voted Best Hair Stylist in Valencia! Also Voted Ultimate Color Corrections, Ultimate Extensions, Ultimate Brazilian Blowout and Ultimate Haircut.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Looking for the perfect gift?We have you covered. Salon Seven661-977-1483www.salonseven.squarespace.comPersimmon & Copal: Notes of Japanese Persimmon, Lychee Flower, Red Copal. The classic embossed glass jar design and proprietary coconut wax blend get an update...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINESanta Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and...
During the month of November, we all gather with our loved ones, to give thanks for the lives we lead and all the people that make that possible. This past year, we have found, now more than ever, how crucial a role so many of us play in the lives of others and how we...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.