Water–More than Just a Drink!
We started getting ready for summer last month. In our on going effort to achieve optimum health and well-being as well as looking and feeling our best – here is another helpful tip!
We have all heard how important water is to the human body. But did you know that it could also aid in weight loss? Can’t get rid of those last few pounds no matter how hard you try? Does you stomach feel slightly empty? Are you puffy after you wake up? Are your ankles and fingers tight and swollen?
There are seven good reasons why we must drink Water!
1. Water suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize stored fat. The body cannot function properly without enough water and will not metabolize fat efficiently.
2. It is the best treatment for fluid retention.
3. Water helps to maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration.
4. Water is good for your skin, leaving it clear, healthy, and resilient.
5. Water helps rid the body of waste. During weight loss, the body has a lot more waste to get rid of.
6. Water can relieve constipation
7. Studies have shown that a decrease in water will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase can actually reduce deposits.
Water should be cold. Cold water is absorbed into the system more quickly than warm water. On average, a person should consume eight, 10 ounce glasses of water a day. This may seem like a lot, but if you fill a glass and keep it handy, you may be surprised at how fast it goes. We have found that the more water you drink, the more you crave it. It actually becomes very easy to drink your 80 ounces a day.
This is just one tip that can help with weight loss and weight maintenance. There are many, many more that are taught at our medical weight management clinics. If you need that extra help to achieve your weight loss goal, seeking professional guidance may be the answer. Losing weight is hard, and a medical professional can make it easier and more successful than self-treatment. Like any other disease obesity needs the help and guidance of a medical professional.
If you have questions on any weight loss subject you may always ask for a free consultation. Call Etcetera Medical Group at 661-259-8884.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Ensure the Water Quality and Safety of Your Water System After a Prolonged ShutdownAs you start planning a return to normal business operations, SCV Water wants to remind all building owners and managers of the importance of maintaining good water quality by...
Popular Newhall Restaurants, Specialty Food Shops, Bars and Winery Tasting Rooms Join Together For One Day With First-Ever Drive-Through ExperienceRising to the challenge that the current pandemic has placed us all in, and the need to supply food and beverages...
Looking for something to lighten the mood? The WiSH Education Foundation has just the right thing to do it! Welcome to the first SCV community Virtual Talent Show! Presented by SCVTV and sponsored by Westfield Valencia Town Center, the event will air in June...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.