Water–More than Just a Drink!
We started getting ready for summer last month. In our on going effort to achieve optimum health and well-being as well as looking and feeling our best – here is another helpful tip!
We have all heard how important water is to the human body. But did you know that it could also aid in weight loss? Can’t get rid of those last few pounds no matter how hard you try? Does you stomach feel slightly empty? Are you puffy after you wake up? Are your ankles and fingers tight and swollen?
There are seven good reasons why we must drink Water!
1. Water suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize stored fat. The body cannot function properly without enough water and will not metabolize fat efficiently.
2. It is the best treatment for fluid retention.
3. Water helps to maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration.
4. Water is good for your skin, leaving it clear, healthy, and resilient.
5. Water helps rid the body of waste. During weight loss, the body has a lot more waste to get rid of.
6. Water can relieve constipation
7. Studies have shown that a decrease in water will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase can actually reduce deposits.
Water should be cold. Cold water is absorbed into the system more quickly than warm water. On average, a person should consume eight, 10 ounce glasses of water a day. This may seem like a lot, but if you fill a glass and keep it handy, you may be surprised at how fast it goes. We have found that the more water you drink, the more you crave it. It actually becomes very easy to drink your 80 ounces a day.
This is just one tip that can help with weight loss and weight maintenance. There are many, many more that are taught at our medical weight management clinics. If you need that extra help to achieve your weight loss goal, seeking professional guidance may be the answer. Losing weight is hard, and a medical professional can make it easier and more successful than self-treatment. Like any other disease obesity needs the help and guidance of a medical professional.
If you have questions on any weight loss subject you may always ask for a free consultation. Call Etcetera Medical Group at 661-259-8884.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Oh, my goodness it’s going to be difficult to keep up with all the non-profit activities this month! October is just buzzing with fund-raising! Not only are there events that you can attend, but there are countless businesses in the Santa Clarita Valley giving back...read more
Bridge to Home, the primary homeless services provider in the Santa Clarita Valley, is hosting their premier fundraiser, Soup for the Soul – Sera in Italia, on Saturday, October 12, at 6 p.m. at Bella Vida, located at 27180 Golden Valley Road. The community is...read more
Circle of Hope’s beloved annual Afternoon Tea returns October 12, to the Hyatt Regency Valencia! In concert with the nonprofit’s year-long anniversary celebration, event organizers are bringing back themes from the Tea’s previous fourteen years, providing guests with...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.