A New Year – Healthier You
The New Year is a time for making resolutions and plans to improve or change something in our lives.
Losing weight is one of the most sought after changes. There are many reasons that an individual wants to lose weight. But the most important reason is to improve health and vitality. In other words, do it for yourself.
We’ve all heard the reasons many times, but I have found if I know why something is important, it is easier to do something that is hard. And losing weight is not easy and takes a lot of resolve and planning.
As the news and medical articles report, being overweight puts you at risk for disease and aggravates existing medical problems. There are a few key points that are worth repeating on the benefits of not being overweight. Losing weight can:
• Prevent or reduce high blood pressure – sometimes to a level where blood pressure medication could be reduced or even eliminated.
• Improve blood sugar. If you’re a type 2 diabetic, just a 10% weight loss can greatly affect blood sugar levels.
• Improve cholesterol levels by modifying fat intake.
• Help decrease the chance of heart disease.
• Help with joint pain. It’s difficult for the natural cushions in your joints to withstand those extra pounds. Losing weight can reduce the wear and tear on joints.
• If your carry weight in your abdomen and have back problem, losing weight and exercising your abdominal muscles can greatly relieve your discomfort.
• If you have sleep apnea, even modest weight loss has shown it may alleviate the need for long-term therapy. It may also help ordinary snoring.
• Help your general health and help increase your body’s ability to fight disease.
Okay, these are some of the reasons losing weight is important. How do we go about achieving the results? To prevent disease or cure disease we go to a medical professional. Losing weight is no different. A medical professional with years of experience specializing in weight loss has the ability to diagnose problems and offer the best program. It may be medication and a personal food plan, or medical grade high protein snacks or a food replacement program such as Optifast. Studies have shown that patients using medication like Phentermine to curb their appetite lose more weight than patients who follow a program without medication. Medication is also very helpful in post bariatric surgery.
Good health is available to each of us. We just need to reach out, get the help offered and make the resolution for success. Do it for yourself Today!
For more information and a free consultation contact Etcetera Medical Group, Weight Management at 661-259-8884.
ADVERTISE WITH US
The Santa Clarita Magazine is officially 30-years of age and we feel the love! As we turn our focus to the loved ones in our lives in this month of Valentines, we would like to take this opportunity to thank our very loyal advertisers, community partners and, of...
A Knight of Royals at Bella Vida on February 29 Santa Clarita Magazine is proud to feature the SCV Senior Center’s Celebrity Waiter event. This year’s cover features the King and Queen (Winston and Pansy Greene) of this year’s theme – A Knight of Royals. Winston and...
The 8th Annual Santa Clarita Valley Charity Chili Cook-off is set to feature 40 amateur chefs to compete for the most prestigious awards of the event.The organizers are looking for sponsors and chili cooker contestants. The event will take place at 6 p.m. on...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.