Learn Your Brushes
We all go to the salon and wonder how to duplicate the look. This month it’s time to learn your brushes. All of these brushes! What are they for?
1. Paddle — A paddle brush is the most versatile brush, but it is especially helpful if you have long and/or thick hair. It can manage a lot of hair all at once and smooths it down for a sleeker look. If you lack volume, you may want to consider a different type of brush.
2. Wide-Tooth Comb — Because the teeth have such large gaps, these combs are ideal for combing tangles out of wet hair without causing any damage. You might also want to use one in place of a brush if you have frizzy hair.
3. Fine-Tooth Comb — these combs are great for teasing, creating a nice straight part, and for detailed grooming.
4. Thermal — these brushes work with your dryer, locking in heat. They create a faster drying time and allow you to easily curl and smooth your hair under.
5. Boar Bristled — These bristles are gentle and redistribute oils throughout your hair, bringing out its natural shine. They are ideal for fine to normal hair because they also give you a little extra oomph!
6. Skinny Round — This brush is great for bangs or short hair. It smooths your hair while drying and helps manage shorter pieces of hair.
7. Large Round — This brush can straighten or curl your hair while drying, depending on how you use it. A larger round brush is ideal for creating volume to otherwise flat hair.
8. Half Radial — This brush is perfect for shorter styles such as a bob when you like to have your hair curved up or under on the ends.
9. Vented — These brushes are ideal when blow drying your hair because they provide an ample amount of airflow and help create volume.
Check out www.vipcolorandcut.com. Nicole is by appointment only at 661-373-4234 and Voted Best Hair Stylist in Valencia! Also Voted Ultimate Color Corrections, Ultimate Extensions, and Ultimate Brazilian Blowout.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Supervisor Kathryn Barger Expresses Concern Regarding Board Action That Will Result in More County Spending.
Supervisor Kathryn Barger abstained from voting on two motions heard by the Board of Supervisors that seek to create two new county departments to serve older adults and economic development. In a report previously requested by the Board of Supervisors...
Join the Library’s “Imagine Your Story” Photo Contest Beginning August 1 The Santa Clarita Public Library invites residents of all ages to join the “Imagine Your Story” Photo Contest! Submit a high-resolution image of you reading your favorite book, re-enacting...
SCV Chamber’s Latino Business Alliance Leads Community Giving to Provide Laptops to the Boys & GIrls Club
The SCV Chamber of Commerce’s Latino Business Alliance provides nine laptops to the Boys & Girls Club as schools begin to make decisions for full time virtual learning for the beginning of the school year. The Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.