A New Year A Healthier You!
The New Year is a time for making resolutions and losing weight is always high on the list. There are many reasons that an individual wants to lose weight. But the most important reason is to improve health and vitality. In other words, do it for yourself.
As the news and medical articles report, being overweight puts you at risk for disease and aggravates existing medical problems. There are a few key points that are worth repeating on the benefits of not being overweight. Losing weight can:
• Prevent or reduce high blood pressure – sometimes to a level where blood pressure medication could be reduced or even eliminated.
• Improve blood sugar. If you’re a type 2 diabetic, just a 10 percent weight loss can greatly affect blood sugar levels.
• Improve cholesterol levels.
• Help decrease the chance of heart disease.
• Help with joint pain. It’s difficult for the natural cushions in your joints to withstand those extra pounds. Losing weight can reduce the wear and tear on joints.
• If your carry weight in your abdomen and have back problem, losing weight and exercising your abdominal muscles can greatly relieve your discomfort.
• If you have sleep apnea, even modest weight loss has shown it may alleviate the need for long-term therapy. It may also help ordinary snoring.
• Help your general health and help increase your body’s ability to fight disease.
Okay, these are some of the reasons losing weight is important. How do we go about achieving the results? To prevent disease or cure disease we go to a medical professional. Losing weight is no different. A medical professional with years of experience specializing in weight loss can diagnose problems and offer the best program. It may be medication and a personal food plan, or medical grade high protein snacks or a food replacement program.
Good health is available to each of us. We just need to reach out, get the help offered and make the resolution for success. Do it for yourself!
For more information and a free consultation contact Etcetera Medical Group, 661-259-8884.
ADVERTISE WITH US
This is the list of graduates from Canyon of the Canyons! Jessie D. AbarquesVanessa Lynn AbelGisselle Laiah Acevedo-PremoCraig AcitoHarrison AdamsMadison Kristina AdamsMalina Aliya AdamsStephanie AddaeJacob Anthony AdlerMahnoor AdnanNatalia Romina...
This is the list of graduates from Santa Clariita Christian School! Richard Bruce AmeySummer Lynn BholaTylare Robert William BlackKyjuan Elias CannadyAlicia Renee CastilloPaige Noelle ClaytonJadon Ray De RevereEmanuel Yousef ElhiluTaylor Jayden EvansSamantha Jo...
This is the list of graduates from Vasquez High School! Allison AcevesMaria Alba VillaltaWilliam AlfordAnthony AlvaradoAbigail AndreKacy ArguellesJessica BaumanJacqueline BeltranMarco Antonio BenitezAbby BluhmCheyenne BuxkemperBrady ChikatoRyan ChurginRiley...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.