Water More than Just a Drink!
In our ongoing effort to achieve optimum health and well-being as well as looking and feeling our best – here is another helpful tip!
We have all heard how important water is to the human body. But did you know that it could also aid in weight loss? Can’t get rid of those last few pounds no matter how hard you try? Your stomach feels slightly empty? Puffy after you wake up? Are your ankles and fingers tight and swollen?
There are seven good reasons why we must drink Water!
1. Water suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize stored fat. The body cannot function properly without enough water and will not metabolize fat efficiently.
2. It is the best treatment for fluid retention.
3. Water helps to maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration.
4. Water is good for your skin, leaving it clear, healthy, and resilient.
5. Water helps rid the body of waste. During weight loss, the body has a lot more waste to get rid of.
6. Water can relieve constipation
7. Studies have shown that a decrease in water will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase can actually reduce deposits.
Water should be cold. Cold water is absorbed into the system more quickly than warm. On average, consume eight, 10-ounce glasses of water daily. The more water you drink, the more you crave it making it very easy to drink your 80 ounces.
This is just one tip that can help with weight loss and maintenance. If you need extra help to achieve your weight loss goal, seeking professional guidance may be the answer Losing weight is hard, a medical professional can make it easier and more successful than self-treatment. Like any other disease obesity needs a medical professional.
Call for a free consultation, please call Etcetera Medical Group at 661-259-8884.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Supervisor Kathryn Barger Expresses Concern Regarding Board Action That Will Result in More County Spending.
Supervisor Kathryn Barger abstained from voting on two motions heard by the Board of Supervisors that seek to create two new county departments to serve older adults and economic development. In a report previously requested by the Board of Supervisors...
Join the Library’s “Imagine Your Story” Photo Contest Beginning August 1 The Santa Clarita Public Library invites residents of all ages to join the “Imagine Your Story” Photo Contest! Submit a high-resolution image of you reading your favorite book, re-enacting...
SCV Chamber’s Latino Business Alliance Leads Community Giving to Provide Laptops to the Boys & GIrls Club
The SCV Chamber of Commerce’s Latino Business Alliance provides nine laptops to the Boys & Girls Club as schools begin to make decisions for full time virtual learning for the beginning of the school year. The Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.