Water More than Just a Drink!
In our ongoing effort to achieve optimum health and well-being as well as looking and feeling our best – here is another helpful tip!
We have all heard how important water is to the human body. But did you know that it could also aid in weight loss? Can’t get rid of those last few pounds no matter how hard you try? Your stomach feels slightly empty? Puffy after you wake up? Are your ankles and fingers tight and swollen?
There are seven good reasons why we must drink Water!
1. Water suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize stored fat. The body cannot function properly without enough water and will not metabolize fat efficiently.
2. It is the best treatment for fluid retention.
3. Water helps to maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration.
4. Water is good for your skin, leaving it clear, healthy, and resilient.
5. Water helps rid the body of waste. During weight loss, the body has a lot more waste to get rid of.
6. Water can relieve constipation
7. Studies have shown that a decrease in water will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase can actually reduce deposits.
Water should be cold. Cold water is absorbed into the system more quickly than warm. On average, consume eight, 10-ounce glasses of water daily. The more water you drink, the more you crave it making it very easy to drink your 80 ounces.
This is just one tip that can help with weight loss and maintenance. If you need extra help to achieve your weight loss goal, seeking professional guidance may be the answer Losing weight is hard, a medical professional can make it easier and more successful than self-treatment. Like any other disease obesity needs a medical professional.
Call for a free consultation, please call Etcetera Medical Group at 661-259-8884.
ADVERTISE WITH US
A big shout out to the Performing Arts Center at College of the Canyons for letting us shoot our cover at their beautiful “freshly carpeted” facility. We struggle every year to find a “cool” spot to take our cover photograph for the Michael Hoefflin Foundation and...read more
The Michael Hoefflin Foundation for Children’s Cancer is proud to present their 26th Annual Evening Under the Stars Gala Dinner and Charity Auction. They are a local non-profit for children’s cancer and are pleased to be able to once again host this exciting event....read more
Nominations are closed, and the next class of SCV 40 Under Forty nominees is in! Below you will find the list of 96 nominees for the 2019 SCV 40 Under Forty Awards. JCI Santa Clarita and Santa Clarita Magazine would like to congratulate the next generation of...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.