How Much is My Case Worth?
We are often asked this question. Simplest answer “It’s worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it!” In all seriousness, the answer depends on a variety of factors:
1. Timing – at what point in the case is this question asked? Is it before or after the client has finished treatment? This is important because until the client has finished treatment, we don’t know the extent of his/her injuries, total medical bills, or future prognosis.
2. Type of case – is it a car accident where liability is clear, a slip and fall where liability is always disputed, or some other type of case? This is important because, if liability is an issue, it will impact the value of the caase. If a car accident, what are the mechanics of the accident? Broadside accidents yield different results compared to rear-end collisions compared to head-on collisions.
3. Type of injury – did the injured party sustain soft tissue (whiplash, strains and sprains), suffer a broken bone or something more serious? Different types of injuries yield different results.
4. Amount of medical bills – were the bills paid through private insurance, Medicare/MediCal, or are the bills on liens? The amount of medical bills can significantly change the value of a case.
5. Where did the incident occur – LA County, Ventura County, Orange County, Kern County? This is important because some counties are more conservative when it comes to paying for personal injuries compared to others.
6. Which insurance company is involved? Different insurance companies and their adjusters handle claims differently and in doing so, pay different amounts.
7. Current economic climate – yes, what goes on in the world changes the way insurance companies handle claims. With over two decades of experience, we know the ins and outs.”
For more information, please call The Mason Law Firm at 661-476-5678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADVERTISE WITH US
This is our 31st year of publishing the Santa Clarita Magazine, and our 350th issue. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have landed in “Awesome Town” some 36 years ago, it didn’t choose us, we chose the SCV and all the wonderful things we found here and...
The City of Santa Clarita has long been a place that boasts award-winning schools, a family-friendly environment and high levels of safety. Our local government has been hard at work to maintain this same standard of excellence for our residents and businesses...
Santa Clarita is our City! Our team here at the magazine calls Santa Clarita home, as well as the other 220,000 residents. Over the last 31 years, we have promoted positivity, community and helping those around us. It is with great pleasure that we offer you a way to...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.