Dieting Tips to Get You Through the Holidays!
The holiday season is just around the corner and so are all those extra calories from Halloween candy, Thanksgiving leftovers and Christmas parties. The average American puts on 10 lbs during the holidays but that doesn’t have to be you. It is possible to enjoy the holiday season without gaining too much excess body fat. Here are a few dieting tips to get your through the holidays!
1. Portion Control! Portion control is the most important factor in not gaining excess body fat during the holidays. Simply put, don’t overdo it. Enjoy the foods you like but do so in moderation.
2. Choose Your Food Wisely! Research suggests that you’ll consume the largest quantity of the foods you eat first, so set yourself up for success by starting with something healthy and or low-calorie.
3. Downsize Your Plate! If you have the option to go for a smaller plate when you’re eating at holiday functions. Downsize your plate to trick your brain into thinking you are eating more.
4. Nibble and Sip! Take smaller sips and bites to trick your brain into eating 30 percent fewer calories! Studies find that when you take nibbles, chew your food longer and eat slower, your brain thinks you’ve eaten more.
5. Never Arrive Hungry! Planning ahead can help you maintain discipline in the face of temptation. Don’t go to a party starving.
6. Bring Your Own Treats. Whether you’re going to a friend’s party or an office potluck, consider bringing a low-calorie treat that you know you’ll enjoy. Bringing your own dessert will make the more fattening alternatives less tempting.
You can expect Survival Of The Fittest Health and Wellness to go above and beyond to help you reach your goals.
If you are interested in more information, please visit www.sofhealthandwellness.com or you can reach me directly at 661.713.7576 or James@sofhealthandwellness.com
ADVERTISE WITH US
We are open during this time of COVID-19 as we are considered essential workers and we limit to essential appointments meaning if your pet has a critical or urgent medical matter, please call us. We are practicing curbside care. We will come outside and pick up your...
In the 31 years of producing the Santa Clarita Magazine, I have never been so moved by an advertisement than the one that is currently running on page 33 of this publication. Audrey, Jennie, Michelle and Sara, friends of a local resident are reaching out and...
Join Westfield Valencia Town Center as we kick off summer with a series of events and activities. Visit www.westfield.com/valencia for a list or events and full details. June 25 – 27: Hello Sunshine: Summer Kick Off EventWestfield Valencia Town Center is...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.