Water More than Just a Drink!
We started getting ready for summer in March and last month we learned the importance of enough sleep. In our ongoing effort to achieve optimum health and well-being as well as looking and feeling our best – here is another helpful tip!
Did you know water could aid in weight loss? Can’t get rid of those last few pounds ? Your stomach feels slightly empty? Puffy after waking? Ankles and fingers tight and swollen? There are seven good reasons why we must drink Water!
1. Water suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize stored fat. The body cannot function properly without enough water and will not metabolize fat efficiently.
2. It is the best treatment for fluid retention.
3. Water helps to maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration.
4. Water is good for your skin, leaving it clear, healthy, and resilient.
5. Water helps rid the body of waste. During weight loss, the body has a lot more waste to get rid of.
6. Water can relieve constipation
7. Studies have shown that a decrease in water will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase could reduce deposits.
Drink cold water, it’s absorbed more quickly. On average, consume eight, 10 oz. glasses of water daily. Fill your glass – keep it handy, you may be surprised at how fast it goes. The more water you drink, the more you crave. It becomes very easy to drink your 80 oz.
There are many, many more that are taught at our medical weight management clinics. If you need that extra help to achieve your weight loss goal, seeking professional guidance may be the answer. Like any other disease, obesity needs the help and guidance of a medical professional.
Call for a free consultation. Etcetera Medical at 661-259-8884
ADVERTISE WITH US
Well, Alex and I made it on the cover this month! It was a hot, blustery day, but I was so happy to join Amy Daniels of the Wish Education Foundation, Corrine Barchanowicz, Senior General Manager and Audra Cheney, Marketing Manager of Westfield Valencia Town Center...read more
Featured on our cover this month are Corrine Barchanowicz, Senior General Manager and Audra Cheney, Marketing Manager of Westfield Valencia Town Center, Amy Daniels of the Wish Education Foundation and Linda Hafizi, Publisher of the Santa Clarita Magazine. Here it is,...read more
Hoedown for Hope - A BBQ Competition event benefitting Circle of Hope and Hope’s Haven Cancer Wellness Center will be held on September 14, 2019 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Put on your boots and cowboy hat and get ready to chow down some fantastic BBQ featuring family fun,...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 29 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.