Dieting Tips to Get You Through the Holidays!
The holiday season is just around the corner and so are all those extra calories from Halloween candy, Thanksgiving leftovers and Christmas parties. The average American puts on 10 pounds during the holidays but that doesn’t have to be you. It is possible to enjoy the holiday season without gaining too much excess body fat. Here are a few dieting tips to get your through the holidays!
1. Portion Control! Portion control is the most important factor in not gaining excess body fat during the holidays. Simply put don’t over-do it. Enjoy the foods you like but do so in moderation.
2. Choose Your Food Wisely! Research suggests that you’ll consume the largest quantity of the foods you eat first, so set yourself up for success by starting with something healthy and or low-calorie.
3. Downsize Your Plate! If you have the option to go for a smaller plate when you’re eating at holiday functions. Downsize your plate to trick your brain into thinking you are eating more.
4. Nibble and Sip! Take smaller sips and bites to trick your brain into eating 30 percent fewer calories! Studies find that when you take nibbles, chew your food longer and eat slower, your brain thinks you’ve eaten more.
5. Never Arrive Hungry! Planning ahead can help you maintain discipline in the face of temptation. Don’t go to a party starving.
6. Bring Your Own Treats. Whether you’re going to a friend’s party or an office potluck, consider bringing a low-calorie treat that you know you’ll enjoy. Bringing your own dessert will make the more fattening alternatives less tempting.
You can expect Survival of The Fittest Health and Wellness to go above and beyond to help you reach your goals. If you are interested in more information, please visit www.sofhealthandwellness.com or you can reach me directly at 661-713-7576 or James@sofhealthandwellness.com.
ADVERTISE WITH US
On television dramas, divorce lawyers are often seen divvying up marital assets and hammering out high-conflict custody arrangements around a conference table or in court. That is only PARTIALLY true. If your lawyer is truly “The Best”, his or her role extends far...
We were deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Adele Macpherson on August 8, 2021. She was such a powerful, but gentle force in the Santa Clarita Valley, never the one who looked for the limelight, she was the person who just got things done without fuss....
Calling all golf lovers, businesses, and community supporters! The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Foundation is excited to announce the 1st Annual SCV Sheriff’s Station Golf Tournament (formerly known as SCV Sheriff’s Foundation & Search & Rescue Tournament)...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.