The Do’s and Don’ts of Joining a Gym in 2021!
Every January millions of people flock to local gyms to lose weight and get fit. If you’re looking to join a gym this year just make sure you take your time and choose wisely because being stuck in a contract at a gym you don’t like is the worst. Here are some basic guidelines for joining a gym:
1. Don’t join a gym because they’re running a promotion or they’re the cheapest.
2. Don’t make the mistake of joining a gym because your friend goes there.
3. Most certainly don’t join a gym without doing your due diligence. Yelp, Google and Facebook all provide reviews for you to check out, and it only takes minutes. You can also ask around as to what gyms people prefer.
4. Don’t join a gym without trying a few first. Most gyms offer free trials or discounted promotions of some kind, so please take advantage of that.
5. Do make sure you read and completely understand any contract before signing. Gyms are notorious for one-sided contracts that are set up to benefit them and not you. Don’t let anyone pressure you into signing a contract on the spot.
8. To help you find the best match for your needs, do make sure you ask yourself the following questions before joining a gym/fitness program:
• How much can you afford?
• How close is the gym to your home or job?
• Are the hours of operation and class times suitable for your schedule?
• What kind of vibe or culture will keep you coming back?
• Do you plan on taking classes? If so, what kind of classes are offered?
• Do they offer modifications for injuries and limitations during class?
• How is the facility maintained?
• Is the staff friendly and helpful?
• Do they have locker rooms and showers?
• Do they have child care?
• Is the equipment in good working order, or is it broken?
Take your time to find a gym that fits you best, and you’ll be very happy you did. Losing weight and getting fit is a challenging undertaking, but with the right gym, you’ll be well on your way to achieving your goals in 2021!
ADVERTISE WITH US
We are open during this time of COVID-19 as we are considered essential workers and we limit to essential appointments meaning if your pet has a critical or urgent medical matter, please call us. We are practicing curbside care. We will come outside and pick up your...
In the 31 years of producing the Santa Clarita Magazine, I have never been so moved by an advertisement than the one that is currently running on page 33 of this publication. Audrey, Jennie, Michelle and Sara, friends of a local resident are reaching out and...
Join Westfield Valencia Town Center as we kick off summer with a series of events and activities. Visit www.westfield.com/valencia for a list or events and full details. June 25 – 27: Hello Sunshine: Summer Kick Off EventWestfield Valencia Town Center is...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
Santa Clarita Magazine has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 30 years. A family owned and operated business, Santa Clarita Magazine has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1990 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.